Easiest means to post your pictures

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PIStaker

Easiest means to post your pictures

Post by PIStaker »

Ok, I know this has been covered before, but technology and software are constantly changing.
What are some of the easiest ways to post pictures on MB? I always fell like I have to resize them to death in Paint.
I get the pixel dimensions right, but then the file is too big, etc.
I'd post more pictures if it were easier for me.

What methods do y'all use?
Be as specific as possible.
Thanks in advance.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I use the resizer utility in PowerToys for Windows. It is free and extremely easy to use. Once installed, it appears as a menu choice when you right click on a jpeg image.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

http://www.irfanview.com/ is a good photo program for free.

Get a flicker account, they also have a free edit tool. Upload your photos to your account, edit photos, copy image location. hit the [Img] button on the post reply window, paste, hit the [*Img] button again, and submit.

Deviant Art also has an edit tool, as I'm sure most other photo share sites do. But, irfanview runs on your computer as a stand alone program, which I prefer.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

http://www.gimp.org (open source and cross platform, almost as powerful as photoslop... some people say it's better than photoslop). My avatar was created using Gimp (fyi).

After image manipulation and resizing... I like to use pngcrush or jpgcrush. The results turn out pretty good.
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

rsrider wrote:http://www.irfanview.com/ is a good photo program for free.
I'm a professional web developer, and I'll vouch that IrfanView is by far the easiest/fastest free editor to use for crops, resize, color corrections, etc. It also has a very low learning curve. You can just piddle around in the menus and learn everything in 1 sittings.

For hosting, TinyPic.com requires no account, provides free hosting for the images, and only requires you type a word or 2 in a box to submit to make sure your're a real person. That's it. It then proceeds to give you the "code" for linking via HTML, forum IMG tags, etc.

I use IrfanView to edit and Tiny Pic to host to this day. Absolutely hassle free. No catches. Promise. I have Photoshop for work and only fire that up when I have a serious graphic job to do.
Last edited by Rusty Shackleford on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C'mon, sko sko sko!
Syd

Post by Syd »

spr0k3t wrote:http://www.gimp.org (open source and cross platform, almost as powerful as photoslop... some people say it's better than photoslop). My avatar was created using Gimp (fyi).
The OP wanted an easier way to do it. :D

I use PhotoFiltre. The version found under the PhotoFiltre 6.5.3 Portable / January 2012 heading. No installation required; unzip to the directory of your choice. It runs from there without throwing files or registry entries all over the place.

[EDIT] Edited to fix the URL tag. [/EDIT]
Last edited by Syd on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
spr0k3t

Post by spr0k3t »

I guess gimp is just really easy for me. Been using it for almost nine years now.
PIStaker

Post by PIStaker »

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Knowing me, I will most likely try them all.
Thanks again.
amy

Post by amy »

If you're posting a pic you already have on facebook, do this:

1. Right-click on the picture on facebook to get the contextual menu
3. Choose "Copy Image Location" from the menu and a URL will copy to your clipboard
4. Paste that into your MB.com post
5. Select what you pasted click the IMG button above ^ to make the picture display in your post.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

yeah if its an existing pic posted somewhere else just use [img] tags imo. otherwise i just upload 'em to tiny pic or someother and do the same. seems simple enough. and fast
Riding is riding
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I don't know...I like actually uploading the pictures, so down the road someone looking up your post doesn't run the risk of not seeing a picture.

If it's just a picture of a new scooter, yeah, link from somewhere else...but if it's a picture showing people how to do something, best to upload it so it's always there. :)