Headset rattle

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rfman81

Headset rattle

Post by rfman81 »

So I have a rattle by the headlight ring from around 800 miles or so, tighten the bolt and screw down the ring, tighten the headset screws, however, it still persists and as time goes on and miles around 4000 now it is getting worse.

Anyone have any thoughts, anyone experience the same. Fixes?

Thanks
PIStaker

Post by PIStaker »

Is the rectangular clip at the 12 O'Clock position snapped in fully?
mhardgrove

Post by mhardgrove »

there are 4 screws that attach the upper headset plastic to the lower non painted plastic, try tightening them down. I bet those are loose, as I had to tighten them down once due to vibrations.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Another suggestion is to pop off the front plastic (the one with the chrome triangle on it) and check the large, block-like wire connectors. One of them may be knocking against the inside of a body panel.

Also, I found that the front brake line was making a noise on my scooter when going over rough stuff. I have a piece of foam zip-tied around it where it can contact plastics, up inside the front "wheel well".
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.