Prima pipe bracket broke

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

easy

Prima pipe bracket broke

Post by easy »

I got 7500 miles on my Black Jack pulled it out for a ride yesterday and the upper exhaust bracket was broke. Reinstalled stock pipe took it for a 26 mile ride today absolutly no loss in speed into wind 65-68 bmph wind at my back 68-72 bmph just not as loud. Think I'm staying stock.
what did you trade the day for?
toycoma98

Post by toycoma98 »

Mine broke too. I just used a rubber bushing from an old car shock, washer, and a longer bolt from the hardware store.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

good info to have on hand since I put the pipe on a few weeks back.

The roads we have here are mostly good, but what fun is sticking to the good ones all the time?
z20k

Post by z20k »

I had clearance problems with the Prima pipe before my accident and used it as an excuse to go with the NCY pipe. It's got a throatier sound and much better clearance.
Oh, so they have internet on computers now!
toycoma98

Post by toycoma98 »

toycoma98 wrote:Mine broke too. I just used a rubber bushing from an old car shock, washer, and a longer bolt from the hardware store.
edit- I welded the hole shut where the upper mount was on the prima canister. So its just the lower with the rubber bushing thats holding the exhaust.