Elec Start and turn signal problems on Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jaylinb

Elec Start and turn signal problems on Buddy

Post by Jaylinb »

Okay, I've searched the forums here but couldn't find much related to a problem I'm having with Maverick. On a recent ride I suddenly lost my turn signals (loud buzzing sound and no blinking) and then the electrical start wouldn't work. I push the button but nothing happens, no clicking or other indication it's getting power to the starter. I've replaced the starter solenoid and turn signal relay and checked the wiring, though I don't have a voltage meter (and that will be my next step). The bike kickstarts and runs fine, with the exception of the signals staying continuously on when activated. Headlights and brake lights all work perfectly. Battery is fully charged and it tested fine (though we didn;t do a load test). Do you think it's a grounding issue, and how could it affect both the signals and elec start?
Puzzling...
- If we never do what we've never done, we'll never have what we never did. Do something new!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Start by checking the fuse at the battery and if that is good have the battery load tested
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
TVB

Re: Elec Start and turn signal problems on Buddy

Post by TVB »

Jaylinb wrote:Do you think it's a grounding issue, and how could it affect both the signals and elec start?
Puzzling...
For what it's worth, I know that the signals and starter both run entirely from the battery.
Jaylinb

Post by Jaylinb »

Thanks, I'll take the bike over today to have the battery tested. Granted, it's an old one, the original 2009 battery that came with the bike.
- If we never do what we've never done, we'll never have what we never did. Do something new!
TVB

Post by TVB »

Part of how I know that the battery is required for those features is because my original 2009 battery is d-e-a-d. :/