Stella gets a new house

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

slotrod65

Stella gets a new house

Post by slotrod65 »

My Blue/Creme Stella has been ordered, and is scheduled for delivery by the dealer (Hudson Valley Scooters) in a week and a half.

To prepare for her arrival, I ordered a shed from a local place, Classic Sheds. They build the sheds themselves right here in my city, and all are built to order. I met with the owner about a month ago, toured their shop, and placed my custom shed order. I was able to pick the size I wanted, the size of the door, door placement, and a choice of windows, siding, trim, and roofing material. Snow and other assorted annoyances delayed delivery, but today was the day.

Just before noon, the shed showed up on the trailer:

After some deft maneuvering, it was dropped off the trailer, then rolled on PVC pipes Easter Island style to its final place:

Finally it was in place:

Here is the interior. The shed is 8 x 12

and one with the doors open:

When my Stella arrives in 10 days, she will have a comfy place to live.
neotrotsky

Post by neotrotsky »

Damn! That scooter shed is bigger than my apartment in Brooklyn was! If only I could have that kind of space. Right now my scooter is wedged between my front door and couch. It's a fit, but it's tight

Nice digs!
"Earth" without Art is just "Eh"...

<a href="http://slowkidsscootergang.wordpress.com/">The Slow Kids Scooter Gang</a>
Rob

Post by Rob »

A good start to a liveable man cave.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Skootz Kabootz

Post by Skootz Kabootz »

Wow, nice! And that it is something you can also take with you should you ever move is pretty dang cool too. What fun! Of course I am immediately filled with thoughts of customizing the interior, work bench, tool chests, scooter lift... beer cooler :)

"It's only fun if you live to talk about it." | Adventurists Scooter Group |
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Nice! If we owned the property where ours are parked I might do something similar.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

When my Wife came home from work, she said that if the shed had a bathroom, I could move right in!
hal888

Post by hal888 »

fill it with more scooters :)
Mulliganal

Post by Mulliganal »

Rob wrote:A good start to a liveable man cave.

Rob
:lol: :lol: A beer tap, a big screen TV, a nice chair and you're set.
".....Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us......"