shipping a scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mverps

shipping a scooter

Post by mverps »

Has anyone here shipped a scooter? I am thinking of shipping my Grand Vista from Montana to Arizona this fall. If you have who did you use, and were you happy with there services.
Thanks, Mike
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

I used uShip.com for my scooter from FL to IL so over 1000 miles. it was cheap " because i let them bid on it. it was cheaper than me driving there and back for it.

Overall i was happy.
mverps

scooter shipping

Post by mverps »

thank you Throwback, I have it on u-ship now, so will see what happens.
Mike
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

I like how you do not have to accept the offer and you can choose to pay more or less for different transport or feeling of the driver.
mukaiboston

Post by mukaiboston »

I know it's been a couple of weeks since this thread was updated, but I also need to ship a scooter because I am moving.

Can any attest that uship really is reliable? I've heard people saying that you are not covered if something happens to your scooter (like it never gets delivered at all) or that the shippers are just people with pickup trucks who may not know what they are doing.

Ideally, I wanted to use FowardAir but they only accept shipments at airports. Both the airports I'd need to use are accessible only via Interstate...that's going to be a bit of a problem for me.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Throwback7R wrote:I used uShip.com for my scooter from FL to IL so over 1000 miles. it was cheap " because i let them bid on it. it was cheaper than me driving there and back for it.

Overall i was happy.
I used uship as well. I think around $330 Cleveland to San Diego. My driver got arrested enroute, and the police tried to tell me to come get my scooter if my guy didn't get out. He made bail and the Buddy made it,but there was a bit of a delay :lol: oh the stories it could tell if it spoke. I'd still use it again...maybe a different driver though!
PIStaker

UShip

Post by PIStaker »

I used uShip last week.
Austin to Chicago.
Very happy with the service, but I chose hauler with the better reviews over better price.
I felt that if people took the time to write a few words, rather than just list ratings by stars, then that said something about the overall service provided.
I am pleased with the service, a,Ned would use it again.
Just go with your. Gut when making your decision.
mverps

Post by mverps »

I only received 1 bid on Uship, the price was way to much, so did not accept the bid. I have a couple of quotes from some motorcycle shippers that do not seem to be to bad. I may try Uship again when it gets closer to the time to ship my scooter south for the winter.
mukaiboston

Post by mukaiboston »

I'm moving from Boston to DC so I imagine I could get a decent number of bids. It is very common to ship stuff through that corridor.