NBR - TGB Delivery Scooter

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Anthonyf953

NBR - TGB Delivery Scooter

Post by Anthonyf953 »

Has anybody ever ridden one of these?
How are they? I have an opportunity to get one. 49 CC version. Well maintained 5700 miles for about $500. And does anyone know if the delivery case is removable? Thanks in advance.
Syd

Re: NBR - TGB Delivery Scooter

Post by Syd »

Anthonyf953 wrote:Has anybody ever ridden one of these?
How are they? I have an opportunity to get one. 49 CC version. Well maintained 5700 miles for about $500. And does anyone know if the delivery case is removable? Thanks in advance.
First you should probably delete or change the duplicate thread you started.

I love the idea of the TGB Delivery. Love it. It's too short for me but if there was the 150 version in the shop when I was first looking, I'd have bought it. And $500 seems cheap enough if it's running and has title if needed (by the way, the Delivery is (was?) made in Taiwan, not the mainland). I have seen pictures of the Delivery with the box off, so it must be possible.

If you've got a spare $500, I'd say go for it. If you're looking for a daily rider and don't need the space, I'd think twice about it.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Anthonyf953

Post by Anthonyf953 »

Sorry, not sure how that happened. I think a mod deleted it I can't find it anymore. Anyway , thanks for your input. I already have a Buddy 125 so I wouldn't use it as a daily driver. I work at a pizza shop and would use it for deliveries around the city ( Boston ) . I'm gonna check it out next week and make a decision on it. Ill post back soon!
ScooterMASS

Post by ScooterMASS »

I owned a TGB Key West 50cc 2T & after a quick derestriction, she would do 45MPH all day long. Yes...They are made in Taiwan, but not as polished as a Genuine or Kymco IMHO. TGB is no longer imported to the USA.
davekathi2000

Tgb

Post by davekathi2000 »

A lady I teach with has ridden one for two years, says it runs great great and she loves it.
davekathi2000

Tgb

Post by davekathi2000 »

A lady I teach with has ridden one for two years, says it runs great great and she loves it.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Anthonyf953 wrote:And does anyone know if the delivery case is removable?
Seems to be:
Anthonyf953

Post by Anthonyf953 »

TVB wrote:
Anthonyf953 wrote:And does anyone know if the delivery case is removable?
Seems to be:

Thank you!
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

i was just at a dealer and he had a PCC (Puma) 50cc with the delivery box. it was $1999, i believe.

http://www.pumacycles.com/Roadstar.html

i know you were looking at used, but thought this was pretty good looking and that damned crate is super large and the extra open box on the front was also deep, so not wind whipping out papers or coins. :)
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

Sym-Lance variation.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

You might try contacting wolfhound by PM. He owns a 150 TGB delivery.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Actually i have owned 2 TGB(Peirspeed) Delivery scoots. I had a 50 cc unit
first, modified it so that it would do 45 easy on level ground but found it
under powered for the NGA mountains. Other than that a great ride. I have an 05 150 delivery with 8900 miles on it. Rode the Tail of The Dragon on it.
When I have a load to haul it is my preferred ride, has never given me any problems. Parts availability is still good even tho Peirspeed dropped the line.
As long as you are going to ride the 50cc in town it should be a good buy at the price quoted. :clap:
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

PS: The box can be heated for pizza delivery. :wink:
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

150cc amazing storage capability especially when you add the front basket and the step-thru basket.

My only problem was that i did a lot of highway riding with it, and that was hard on the engine. Needed the valves to be readjusted every 2k. (which was about every 2months for me) If i was up for doing the work myself at the time, i might still have it.

-duo
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Sym, are you referring to the TGB 50cc Del or the 150cc Del?? Have never had a problem with the 150 Del other than replacing a rear tire that was worn.
The 50 cc never gave me any problems other than spark plugs when we souped it up too much. It would eat a plug in 10 miles(fouled) until we got
the right type plug for it. My riding conditions are on secondary 2 lane high ways and that might have something to do with it. :wink: :wink:
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

Mine was an early 2005 (Dec 04) 150cc and i mostly rode it at WOT.

i think that my problems were just the individual bike. i had carb issues at 1st that were probably due to not being setup properly by the original dealer (mine got it for me through a dealer swap).

My symptoms were that it would die when coming to a stop at the end of a highway exit. and then it would get difficult to start. And then it wouldn't stay running at stop signs or lights. Mechanic said that it was due to valves needing to be adjusted and was probably due to all my WOT.

The rubber clasps on the back box eventually wore away on one side.

I also developed an oil leak from an inspection port on the Jug that was over-torqued at some point.

I also needed new fork seals and wore quickly through the rear brake from riding through a whole MN winter.

i'm hard on bikes, what can i say.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

My 150 is an 95 model that I swapped a Tank 250 for, even swap.Original
owner rode it FL where he was a school crossing guard and then in the Knoxville TN area. I have put 4000 miles on it but I dont ride it daily. I have ridden it in the Bryson City, NC area and on the Tail of The Dragon but usually rode it at 3/4 throttle. It sounds like you got a lemon and that can happen in the best of families. I am riding here in the NGA mountains and
we dont get the really bitter winters that you do.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

OOOPPPSIE!! Make that an 05, not 95 TGB Del 150. By the way, how do you like your Kymco Downtown 300i ? I am thinking of getting a bigger tug for my hack.
(I have got to start proof reading before submitting!!!) :oops:
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

It's great, there are some minor things that i would tweak (seat, battery location, 12v fuse location.

The only real problem, is that it has just enough power and speed to get me into trouble. :twisted:

-duo
vintagegarage

PeirSpeed Delivery 150

Post by vintagegarage »

Here is a photo of my PeirSpeed Delivery 150, (A.K.A TGB Express 150). I mostly use it for shopping. It will easily hold four 24 packs of Diet Cokes, and perhaps six, but four is a pretty heavy load. The performance is thrilling, and the back rest is very comfortable when you extend the drivers footpegs.

sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I have always loved the TGB delivery scooters. I have only ever seen the 50cc versions in person. Very cool idea! I saw one in D.C. and it had a toilet flush handle attached to trunk on the side! It looked loved and well taken care of. Wish I took a picture, made me laugh!