Me an' my Pink Lady

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

LunaP

Me an' my Pink Lady

Post by LunaP »

Here she is! She is a 2007 125cc, with just under 5K on her; originally black and silver, but the previous (original) owner wanted it pink, so the silver panels were all switched; original pink Genuine topcase... originally sold by my dealer and always serviced by them, so they know it's never been abused... she was mine for the KBB value of $1650. :D

1071100_10101218895964766_435009658_o by Luna-P, on Flickr

I am calling her Pink Lady until I settle on something permanently. Maybe a theme... Pink Panther? Warp Star, for the nerdy side of me? Not sure.

Either way, I AM SO GLAD TO BE BACK ON A BUDDY. I cannot express this any more emphatically via text (at least, not without being obnoxious).

This photo is very washed out (and please excuse the debree from the many fix-up projects going on). But it's definitely a pleasant, vintagey light pink. I'd like to stripe it, so if you know of any online vendors selling stripe decals in complimentary colors (right now I am thinking purple), please linky linky!

I am also interested in converting at least the headlamp to an LED, modulating it and possibly the brake light as well; definitely also want to hook up the dead lights eventually... so if you have links to related products there, I 'preciate it.

I found a CL ad for a gently used medium windscreen, grab bar, and 'Do It With A Buddy' tee in my size, all for $35, but haven't heard back... gah.

Other than that, I just really need a mesh jacket and gloves... it's hot as jalapenos out there right now :shock:[/img]
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

:clap:

Glad to see you are riding again. I'm guessing the one in NJ did not work out?

Happy Riding!

RT
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Congrats, being on a Buddy again will be good for the soul! Also congrats for surely making the double entandre thread :lol:
CapnK

Post by CapnK »

Luna -

I got a JoeRocket Phoenix 5.0 mesh jacket a couple weeks ago and it is the bees knees. I've used it mostly in the hot sun, but some in the rain, and it delivers no matter what. They make a jacket for women that has all of the same features, the Cleo. Worth checking out...

Congrats on the new pinky! :)
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - M. Twain
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Nice score there Luna. Decent ride at a decent price. Why don't you just call it Resurrection. You can't keep a good scooterist down for long.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

peabody99 wrote:Congrats, being on a Buddy again will be good for the soul! Also congrats for surely making the double entandre thread :lol:
Yeah... didn't really think that one through, did I? :P
RoaringTodd wrote::clap:

Glad to see you are riding again. I'm guessing the one in NJ did not work out?

Happy Riding!

RT
Thanks! The one in NJ was on the high side for price... they wouldn't come down, and my dealer contacted me to let me know this one was going up for sale right before I left for ECC, so I told the ppl in NJ thanks, but no thanks.

CapnK wrote:Luna -

I got a JoeRocket Phoenix 5.0 mesh jacket a couple weeks ago and it is the bees knees. I've used it mostly in the hot sun, but some in the rain, and it delivers no matter what. They make a jacket for women that has all of the same features, the Cleo. Worth checking out...

Congrats on the new pinky! :)
Thanks for the heads up! I've looked at Joe Rocket several times before, they have 'Diva' sizes that seem to be plus sizes... they have a neat 3-layer jacket that's 'hybrid' that seems very interesting. What I'd /really/ like is GoGo to re-stock their mesh Cafe jacket in white! Or black. I'd take black.
agrogod wrote:Nice score there Luna. Decent ride at a decent price. Why don't you just call it Resurrection. You can't keep a good scooterist down for long.
There's been a sunset orange Buddy on our CL for a while... I considered purchasing it and calling it 'Phoenix'. Orange really isn't my color, though. :wink:
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

LunaP wrote:
...What I'd /really/ like is GoGo to re-stock their mesh Cafe jacket in white! Or black. I'd take black.
You and me both.

LunaP wrote:There's been a sunset orange Buddy on our CL for a while... I considered purchasing it and calling it 'Phoenix'. Orange really isn't my color, though. :wink:
"Phoenix" would have been a really cool name for a scoot for you...
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Congratulations, Luna. That's a sharp ride!
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

ravenlore wrote:
LunaP wrote:There's been a sunset orange Buddy on our CL for a while... I considered purchasing it and calling it 'Phoenix'. Orange really isn't my color, though. :wink:
"Phoenix" would have been a really cool name for a scoot for you...
If this hadn't come along, I very likely would have done it. But I like this girl!

A fellow Seven Hills member just pointed out to me/insisted that I should name her Pink Lady, a la Grease... so, yeah, that's another good idea.

I'm also really tempted to just stripe up the front, design a really sexy pin-up girl for the cowls, and call her my (Pink) Pin-up Girl.

These are all good ideas.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

[What I'd /really/ like is GoGo to re-stock their mesh Cafe jacket in white! Or black. I'd take black.]

Did you see these on e-bay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoGo-Gear-Black ... 833wt_1161 & http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Motorcyc ... 407wt_1161
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Dage'sVew wrote:[What I'd /really/ like is GoGo to re-stock their mesh Cafe jacket in white! Or black. I'd take black.]

Did you see these on e-bay? http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoGo-Gear-Black ... 833wt_1161 & http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Motorcyc ... 407wt_1161
Thanks! I hadn't thought of checking eBay because I know GoGo doesn't sell directly on there, but I guess one of their dealers had extra, or somebody ordered jackets that don't fit them... I'll message the seller and see if they are the mesh versions :D
Syd

Post by Syd »

Congrats, Luna! Glad to see you want to be back on the horse.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Well done getting back on the horse...Err...scoot.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Glad you are riding again and got a sweet deal on the scoot to boot. All good
names but I would vote for Pink Lady or Resurection. RIDE ON!!! :wink:
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

if you'd gotten one of the new Potent Pinks i'd have said put balloons on the cowl and name her Pinkamena Diane. ;-)
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

Congrats! Glad to hear you're back on a Buddy!
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

ravenlore wrote:if you'd gotten one of the new Potent Pinks i'd have said put balloons on the cowl and name her Pinkamena Diane. ;-)
Yessssssssssss
+1000

Good news... handicap motorcycle plates do exist.
...I'm going to be the biggest troll ever without even meaning to. :lol:
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

I have one thing that it bothering me:

I can't figure out how to lock the steering column. I feel like a numnuts, because it's not like I've never done it before on a Buddy... goodness knows I was anal about it with my 170i. So (top to left) there's 'on', 'off', and 'lock'... except my 125 has a step labeled 'push' between the 'off' and 'lock' key positions. I can't get the key to turn any farther left than 'off'. If I push in, it pops the seat up... and I still can't turn it any farther left.

What in the world? Am I just a complete re-re? Having a 3-day brain fart? Or is there something different about the 125's that I don't know about?

I feel crazy. I was just on a 150 last week and had no issues with this... I mean, I passed the MSF course, I don't think she would have passed me if I couldn't lock the steering column, lol. But I have tried over and over again, patiently and not so patiently, jiggling, wiggling, pushing in on the key, slightly tugging on it, rinsed and repeated with the 2nd key, sweet-talked, prayed to norse gods... somebody throw me a bone!

:hit: :oops:
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

LunaP wrote:I have one thing that it bothering me:

I can't figure out how to lock the steering column. I feel like a numnuts, because it's not like I've never done it before on a Buddy... goodness knows I was anal about it with my 170i. So (top to left) there's 'on', 'off', and 'lock'... except my 125 has a step labeled 'push' between the 'off' and 'lock' key positions. I can't get the key to turn any farther left than 'off'. If I push in, it pops the seat up... and I still can't turn it any farther left.

What in the world? Am I just a complete re-re? Having a 3-day brain fart? Or is there something different about the 125's that I don't know about?

I feel crazy. I was just on a 150 last week and had no issues with this... I mean, I passed the MSF course, I don't think she would have passed me if I couldn't lock the steering column, lol. But I have tried over and over again, patiently and not so patiently, jiggling, wiggling, pushing in on the key, slightly tugging on it, rinsed and repeated with the 2nd key, sweet-talked, prayed to norse gods... somebody throw me a bone!

have you turned the steering to the left?
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

Drum Pro wrote:
LunaP wrote:I have one thing that it bothering me:

have you turned the steering to the left?

Hahahaha, good question... but yes. And the cutoff switch is off, if that matters.
TVB

Post by TVB »

The steering column needs to be in a particular position, turned to the left, for the lock to engage. The idea is that, with the steering lock on, all they can do is push it in circles.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

On my 150 sometimes the steering column needs to get a bit of a 'waggle' to lock....
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

CONGRATS on your new ride, luna. getting back on a buddy is a special feeling. :)
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

At last! BIG CONGRATS!

Please do your best to stay out of the I Crashed a Pink Buddy Club. It's the worst scooter club ever. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

ericalm wrote:At last! BIG CONGRATS!

Please do your best to stay out of the I Crashed a Pink Buddy Club. It's the worst scooter club ever. :)
+1 ... are you speaking from experience, sir? 8)
DariaSen

Post by DariaSen »

I am calling her Pink Lady until I settle on something permanently. Maybe a theme... Pink Panther? Warp Star, for the nerdy side of me? Not sure.
You could go with Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time...

(BTW: I'm a huge Sailor Moon fan as well! I have her tattooed on my shoulder)
LunaP

Post by LunaP »

TVB wrote:The steering column needs to be in a particular position, turned to the left, for the lock to engage. The idea is that, with the steering lock on, all they can do is push it in circles.
That's what my girl said at the shop, that I just had to play with it 'til I found the sweet spot.

...and I probably just made the double entendre thread again.
DariaSen wrote:
You could go with Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time...

(BTW: I'm a huge Sailor Moon fan as well! I have her tattooed on my shoulder)
You rock! I've sincerely thought about putting the Luna Ball somewhere on myself. I also have had a joking conversation about putting a "-75% (lightning symbol) resistance" tatt on my left ankle, and my best friend/roomie getting a similar one with a different number, since we both now have metal in our left leg. Well... he was probably joking; I wasn't. But I digress.

I have to say that "Pink Lady" from Grease might actually be in what I am leaning towards right now (if I choose that, I can still put on some striping and/or a pin up gal if I want)... but I'm going to think about it for a looooong time before I decide.
DariaSen

Post by DariaSen »

Yeah...everyone said when I was 18 I was going to regret my SM tats but I still love them...especially when someone recognizes them (I have Moon as an angel on my left, Jupiter as the devil on my right)

The Grease theme would look sweet on that pale pink. Decorating and giving it some personality is the best part of owning the scooter...well, second best after riding.

I know for me even before I got my scooter I "thought" I knew what I would call/decorate her with but after 4 months it still didn't fit. Yesterday while cruising sticker sites I saw the MLP Rainbow Dash stickers and it was perfect for my little St. Tropez.