Ordered ncy BVH!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

lovemysan

Ordered ncy BVH!

Post by lovemysan »

I just ordered an ncy head and super transmission kit from enviromoto. I had a few questions so I called them. On the phone! No call center and the proprietor answered the phone. It's pleasant to deal with a fellow small business owner. Jeremy answered all my questions and bundled my order into a painless PayPal order.

I'm going to shave .020 off, mildly polish the ports, and install the ncy springs and stainless valves. Should be fun I just need to finish my garage renovation this weekend.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

My parts arrived on schedule. I can't say enough how pleasant enviromoto was to work with. I dropped the Big valve head off at cafe racer to be milled down .020. The extra compression should make it thump. I also installed the NCY super transmission kit and find the supplied transmission recipe completely unsatisfactory. I used 12 gram sliders instead of the supplied 10 gram rollers. It runs hard for the first 20 feet but RPMs climb right through the fat part of the power curve. The 10 gram rollers would be seriously useless. It feels like it needs a 14 or 15 gram weight to be happy again.
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

How much do you weigh ?

Because my 171 with large valve head and other assorted jazz did not like 13 gram sliders. but i am almost 200 lbs.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

245-250lbs.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I've only tinkered with the CVT plus added the racing CDI and coil but mine didn't like 13 grams either. I'm about 170-175-ish depending on whether Blue Bell ice cream is on sale.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

I'm such an idiot. It was the belt slipping!! The 12 gram setup is behaving just fine. Disregard previous comments about variator tuning.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

lovemysan wrote:I'm such an idiot. It was the belt slipping!! The 12 gram setup is behaving just fine. Disregard previous comments about variator tuning.
Huh, why was the belt slipping? was it worn or the wrong size? was there some grease flung out on the pulley faces from the clutch bearings?
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Tocsik wrote:
lovemysan wrote:I'm such an idiot. It was the belt slipping!! The 12 gram setup is behaving just fine. Disregard previous comments about variator tuning.
Huh, why was the belt slipping? was it worn or the wrong size? was there some grease flung out on the pulley faces from the clutch bearings?
Combination of 0 miles and got it hot playing around in the parking lot. Road normally to the store this morning and its fine. It is faster though.
SYMbionic Duo

Post by SYMbionic Duo »

I've been running 13g sliders in mine. 10.5 -11g was too light, launch was great, but was running too high revs for the powercurve. Went to 13g and while i lost some of my launch, i can cruise on the Hwy and still get 70+ mpg.

-duo
Nothing is Foolproof to a sufficiently talented Fool.