Buddy = Less Respect!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

skipper20 wrote:
Capt_Don wrote:
Whimscootie wrote:
If I was going 60-65 mph on a Buddy down an interstate I wouldn't be focusing on who gave me respect either!

I'd be in a "death grip" on those 10 inch wheels and praying to my Guardian Angel to get me to my destination in one piece!

:lol:

BTW, love your avatar! 8)
I'm not going to say I don't sweat when cruising down the interstate, because I do, but it's not bad at all. The speed limit is 60 and I register 65-74 on the speedometer without even WOT. I also command respect with my sexy Belle bumper-stickers. I imagine when I add my Fluttershy bumper-sticker people will be scared of me. I'm bad to the bone.

Thanks for the AV complement, I'm making that into a patch for the back of my jacket.

I seem to gain more respect when my wife is on the scooter with me. People start waving more. At me right? It's at me...
What are you riding at 65 - 74 mph on the Interstates or is that kph? If it's mph there's no way it's a Buddy unless it's a significantly modded Buddy. Even so, with those 10" tires you're courting disaster IMHO.

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Italia
Some are faster than others. It may be the "break-in" factor. I can push 70 (gps) on my Buddy 150. There is a member held in high regard on this forum who says he did 75 GPS on a St Tropez. As for the 10 inch wheels, yeah, it can get squirrely, but it can be done safely. :)
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

az_slynch wrote:Buddy 170i's get less respect 'cuz they don't have a kickstart. :wink:
Ha! :D
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.