2-wheeled danger!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skully93

2-wheeled danger!

Post by skully93 »

This morning I got hit from behind, pretty lightly. It bent my rear rack, no other damage or injury, probably because the Highlander was very tall.

I'm going to offer the guy the chance to just pay the $80 out of pocket rather than tangle with insurance. Since we had a hit and run 2 years ago I don't want them claiming we're 'high risk' and tripling the insurance!

Saturday night my wife had someone throw fireworks and a bottle at her. 2 motorcycles were also hit by drivers who ran red lights. Thankfully no real damage. I was even impressed by how well the bike held up for having an SUV parked on top of it!

Ride safe folks!
sfchorus

Post by sfchorus »

Scully93, I'm sorry to hear this happened to you and your bike! Happy that you are both safe (except for the damage to the rear rack). Glad that your wife is safe as well. What kind of jerk throws things at riders?!!!
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

I'm glad you are safe and here to tell us the tale. :)
sfchorus wrote:What kind of jerk throws things at riders?!!!
Maybe someone that watched that episode in "My Name is Earl" and thought it would be funny. That's the only problem with putting stuff like that on TV any more. It used to be that people had the common sense (and decency) to NOT do something like that...and just laugh while watching the (obviously choreographed) scene in the show. Not any more...common sense/decency is very UNcommon any more.... :(
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

I would check to make sure no frame damage was done.. the rear rack bolts right to the frame. " really depends on how it was hit..

I am glad you were ok though!
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

Crap, I'm glad it wasn't worse! You and your wife really had a tough weekend. Here is to safer days ahead for you both (and those other riders too)
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I'm sorry Skully - From the sounds of it, you handled the situation well. Glad all is well.

RT
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Idiots! It's all fun and games untill someone gets hurt or worse. Why would anyone throw fireworks at two wheeler?
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Thanks gang!

Thankfully the hit was very high up. it didn't break the top case (Givi's are apparently tough!).

The rack was a little rusted in a spot anyway, and it broke at that point. I reached out to him to see if he'd like to just buy a rack cash. I could involve insurance, but likely it would cost me more than $80 just for the argument, so I might skip it.

As for people throwing things, that guy is really lucky. I would have at least got his license plate. I think Angela was so shocked she just got away from him, which was very wise of her.
Sassy Chassis

Post by Sassy Chassis »

Sorry about your hit.

But I'm more disgusted by the fact that your wife was targeted by idiots.

She should have a CWP and ride around armed if people are going to act like that! :evil:
Syd

Post by Syd »

Geez, skully, glad you're ok. But bottles, firecrackers, rear-enders; what's up in Denver? What a Cow-Town! :wink:
The majority is always sane - Nessus