Whats up Y'All

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jasondavis48108

Whats up Y'All

Post by jasondavis48108 »

Hey all,

Figured I'd drop by to see what was going on in Modern Buddy world. I just heard the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area finally got another Genuine dealer (Cafe Racer) they seem like a pretty good shop. I'm still riding the SH150i but I've started looking at either a Silverwing or a Burgman, I'm ready for a bit more power and wind protection :) Hope all is well with everyone, I see a whole lot of new names but many I recognize as well :) Ride safe!
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
TVB

Post by TVB »

Nice to see you again. :)
theflash784

What's up Y'All

Post by theflash784 »

Welcome back!
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Hola! Como estas? Bien?
jasondavis48108

I was happy to see that you are still around TVB and that you still have Flash :) There are times when I really miss my Buddy 50, it had way more style and attitude than my SH150 does. Unfortunately I still do not have a garage so I have to limit myself to one scooter :)
"Only the curious have, if they live, a tale worth telling at all" Alastair Reid
Syd

Re: Whats up Y'All

Post by Syd »

jasondavis48108 wrote:Hey all,

Figured I'd drop by to see what was going on in Modern Buddy world. I just heard the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area finally got another Genuine dealer (Cafe Racer) they seem like a pretty good shop. I'm still riding the SH150i but I've started looking at either a Silverwing or a Burgman, I'm ready for a bit more power and wind protection :) Hope all is well with everyone, I see a whole lot of new names but many I recognize as well :) Ride safe!
Howdy Jason, nice to hear from you!

Test ride the BV350 if you get the chance. It's probably got all the power you need. (Just get a better than stock windscreen.)
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jasondavis48108

SYD, I test rode one of the BVs a few years back. It was awesome and if Scoot Around Town was still in bussiness I'd probably seriously consider it. Having my local scooter shop close its doors has made me a bit leery of straying from the major manufacturers honda/suzuki/yamaha. My wife has a Kymco Grand Vista that she loves but if it needs service we are kind of screwed since the closest Kymco dealer is well over an hour away through some seriously sketchy neighborhoods too :) My local motorbike shop says they are willing to work on it but we would have to provide the parts since they cannot get them. I wish scooters were more popular in the states so that we would have more options and a better dealer network. I have had a really hard time finding aftermarket parts for the sh150 and its one of the most popular scooters in Italy. It didn't do well at all here though so very little aftermarket parts for it. :(
bigbropgo

Post by bigbropgo »

Hey man!
:+!:
no i don't ride a scooter, i am a scooter pilot!
VICTUS MORTUUS VENATOR