Hooligan 170i

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Syd

Post by Syd »

KrispyKreme wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
KrispyKreme wrote:
I'm very aware LML makes Stellas. I'm just not sure the developmental capabilities of Genuine is up to the task. It would be a substantial risk, and of course, I would welcome it. :)
Again, since Genuine already sell scooters made by two different mfgs, I don't see why they couldn't add a scooter made by a third mfg without having to spend a lot of money developing a totally new scooter themselves. KnowwhatImean?
I do see that, and I heard a rumor a bit back that it would have a SYM engine, but they can't import a Citycom, right? Again, I am pulling for Genuine. So I guess the question is, "Who does Genuine play ball with?".
I hadn't heard the SYM rumor, but a 264cc (the SYM 300) Mio, or Fiddle II with better fit 'n finish would work for me.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Eric drifted the SYM rumor. That would be a great engine. The GTS needs competition.
TVB

Post by TVB »

jrsjr wrote:Again, since Genuine already sell scooters made by two different mfgs, I don't see why they couldn't add a scooter made by a third mfg without having to spend a lot of money developing a totally new scooter themselves. KnowwhatImean?
They certainly could, but establishing a relationship and supply system with a third manufacturer would be a substantial undertaking, and would be made more complicated if the manufacturer had existing (i.e. competing) sales in North America.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

jrsjr wrote:
Dooglas wrote:
KrispyKreme wrote:Well, the Hooligan was already in the PGO line-up. They don't have any "big" scooters that I know of.(I do realize they have the Blur220i)
Exactly right - and precisely why we won't see a 270cc cruiser from Genuine/PGO any time soon.
Who said that Genuine is limited to selling scooters made by PGO? You're aware that the Stella is made by LML in India, right? I don't have any inside information (to say the least) but I wouldn't be surprised if the folks at Genuine are thinking outside the PGO box.
I suppose Genuine can think outside of any box they wish, but so far the models from PGO and LML they have imported to the US have been very closely based on existing designs. Genuine has never developed a new design for anyone to build. That gets us back to whether Genuine might import someone else's design and who that might be. The Blur has never sold well so the idea that they might look for a 300 from someone is not too far fetched. The problem is the someone. The most likely manufacturer would be Kymco but it is hard to imagine Kymco handing over a popular model to Genuine. Besides, Kymco already has arrangements with BMW and Kawasaki. Others mention Sym. They don't seem to have an appropriate design, though I suppose anything is possible down the road. Does not seem to me, however, that Sym and Genuine would make a very good team given the different directions they have been going in the marketplace.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Point well made!!
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
AF1 Racing
Dealer

Post by AF1 Racing »

the Hoolian 170s started shipping to USA dealers yesterday....we should have ours in a few days. Cant wait to try it out.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

AF1 Racing wrote:the Hooligan 170s started shipping to USA dealers yesterday....we should have ours in a few days. Cant wait to try it out.
Fixed it for you. :wink:
AF1 Racing
Dealer

Post by AF1 Racing »

oopps.....cant spell

We'll post up some pics when they arrive.....possibly today