(NBR) Scooter at Sturgis

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

(NBR) Scooter at Sturgis

Post by Howardr »

It is Saturday morning and I'm at work. I passed the television in the lobby and there is a show on the Histroy channel with a guy riding a scooter and he is at Sturgis. Apparently, he is usually a biker guy.

Does anyone know what show it might be?

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
My Buddy125

Post by My Buddy125 »

That show was Top Gear and the guy who lost had to ride a scooter and the other two rode motorcycles. All 3 had scooters to start with.
TVB

Post by TVB »

I rode my scooter to Sturgis once.

Sturgis, Michigan. :)

viney266

Post by viney266 »

^^^ I see what you did there...and I like it :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

My Buddy125 wrote:That show was Top Gear and the guy who lost had to ride a scooter and the other two rode motorcycles. All 3 had scooters to start with.

I want to watch this but I know it will be awful. I have tried to watch multiple different episodes and everyone has been horrible when Marty stouffers wild america has more enthralling narration you have a serious problem.
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

English or american verson?
I like the english one...they did a scooter trip through veitnam that was hilarious!
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

EvilNerdLord wrote:English or american verson?
I like the english one...they did a scooter trip through veitnam that was hilarious!
TGUK has done some truly great episodes. TG USA is let down by the host, they are terrible. There are many youtube based shows that are better. Specifically hotrod magazines roadkill episodes are pretty awesome with lots of real wrenching. I like almost anything with David freiburger or Mike finnegan. I like some of the dirt everyday stuff. Top gear usa should hire Tiff needell and call it good.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

I really like Top Gear from the BBC (you can catch it on BBC America or iTunes)
I was really disappointed in last season's (the 1st) Top Gear America but this season has been better.
Originally they tried to copy the BBC version exactly but now the american version is pretty much just the "wacky contest" part that was in most (but not all) of the BBC episodes.
I highly recommend checking out the BBC version & the American version is also worth a look. I do really like the hosts of the American version & this season they seem to be having more fun now that they are not trying to be an exact copy of the BBC version.

But.... the Sturgis episode.... not great. 20 minutes of scooter bashing in the beginning. No... 50cc scooters are not a good fit for most of the open spaces of South Dakota.... big surprise.

Here is a clip from the BBC version where they went to Vietnam & rode scooters

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O1zfuBgCUqY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

And you dont find that funny? Tacky suits, statuary, models and his natural dislike of scooters anyway? The producers went out of there way to put them througb hell....and thatts just what was aired, imagine fhe out takes!! :lol:
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Captain Slow was a natural for a 50cc Cub. Shame that he sank it in the end.

As funny as I find Clarkson, it pained me the see the abuse foisted on that old Vespa.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Dont feel bad for the old vespa...it was most likely a viet-bodge anyway, look at iit again....
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Dont feel bad for the old vespa...it was most likely a viet-bodge anyway, look at iit again....