2008 Genuine Buddy 50 Spark Help Please.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Spintable10

2008 Genuine Buddy 50 Spark Help Please.

Post by Spintable10 »

Hello everyone I have a 2008 Buddy 50 and I have been having some problems weird ones. I have built motorcycles ,mopeds and such in the past so I know some about what I am doing. Ok so my buddy 50 will run perfectly everything mechanical is good engine was built, gaskets all around and seals. The engine gets gas because I can see it when I check the plug. So what will happen is that it will run strong ill turn it off and when i come back it wont start. I check for spark and nothing. Then ill come back a couple days later and it will start kick and electric. All the fuses are good I got the stator, pickup, and coil tested and they are perfect. The pickup is brand new. So its just weird it will be fine one day then not work later then come back. Also its never just shut off when driving. So I am thinking it might be the key ignition. Maybe if someone can tell me how to bypass it to just test it that would be cool or maybe if anyone has had the same problem they can tell me how they fixed it. Thanks everyone. Also its a new spark plug, I have tried multiple.