Peugeot Django... Oh So Pretty!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BeefSupreme

Peugeot Django... Oh So Pretty!

Post by BeefSupreme »

Just saw Peugeot had this at EICMA this week. Looks like pretty much everything i'd want in a scooter, maybe a few more CCs. THIS... is how you do retro. http://www.peugeot.com/en/news/django-w ... the-future

SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

Yeah, I like that a lot......
2006 Buddy 125 in ORANGE!..Sold
2007 Harley FLHX in Black Cherry!
1999 Saturn SC1...."Marvin"...Still runnin' strong
RoadRambler

Post by RoadRambler »

Wow, that is a beaut. I'd be very tempted by one. You are right, though, that more cc's would be nice. 250 or 300 would be irresistible.
RexM

Compelling

Post by RexM »

While I no longer require some degree of retro styling to consider a scooter desirable, it really adds to the appeal of this one. I wonder if it will get distribution in the U.S., and if so, if Peugeot's longevity in the U.S. is a good bet. From my recollection, they have been in and out with bicycles and cars over the years, don't know about scooters. That's no knock on Peugeot, just the way market forces have gone.

Edit: don't forget to visualize it with tacky plastic DOT turn signals if it does come to the U.S. :roll:
skipper20

Re: Peugeot Django... Oh So Pretty!

Post by skipper20 »

BeefSupreme wrote:Just saw Peugeot had this at EICMA this week. Looks like pretty much everything i'd want in a scooter, maybe a few more CCs. THIS... is how you do retro. http://www.peugeot.com/en/news/django-w ... the-future

It has a Lambretta look to it. If it's going to be imported into the U.S., I'd be strongly tempted.

Bill in Seattle
'12 170i Italia
'11 220i Blur
'08 250ie Sport City
TVB

Post by TVB »

Just be careful not to leave this Django ... unchained.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Now that is one cool looking scoot. I like the silver as well.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
Loren

Post by Loren »

O sweet Jesus that thing is beautiful. I want one like right now!

Also TVB...Nice.
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

TVB wrote:Just be careful not to leave this Django ... unchained.
:clap:

can't believe it took that long.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Agreed.....looks like they took a Lambretta kicking and screaming into the new millenium.....and IMO, had Labretta lived on this is likely the path it would have followed.
I think this is a better retro path to follow than the companies that try to recreate the PX (Stella)

Not a fan of twist and goes but this one is rather endearing in appearance.

Also agree....more engine.

Rob
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

It would appear that winning the 24hrs at Lemans helps a motor company build better looking scooters.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

That is beautiful and elegant. Did you see how the chrome accent on the front fender continues on to the body?

Here it is in red:

and some video:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CpbXBbAQ-t0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Attachments
django.jpg
django.jpg (24.36 KiB) Viewed 2843 times
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Okay, I'm gonna ask. How does the Rainbow Unicorn differ in intent or detail from the Django?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I picked this for a "New Scoots We'd Like to See in the US" post for ScooterFile. :)
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

jrsjr wrote:Okay, I'm gonna ask. How does the Rainbow Unicorn differ in intent or detail from the Django?
Just a bigger engine. Put a 250 or 300 engine in this body and you would pretty much have the infamous Genuine Cruiser everyone has talked about for years.
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Very Lambretta-like. This is rolling art. I don't need to ride something like this. (I'd just put It in my living room and admire it!)
1971 Hodaka Ace 100
1977 Suzuki GT250 is now sold... Good bike!
1980 Yamaha IT125
Honda: '66 CT90 KO; '83 CT110; '92 CT70; 2001 XR250
and 1 or 2 others... I need to sell some bikes!
Syd

Post by Syd »

Dooglas wrote:
jrsjr wrote:Okay, I'm gonna ask. How does the Rainbow Unicorn differ in intent or detail from the Django?
Just a bigger engine. Put a 250 or 300 engine in this body and you would pretty much have the infamous Genuine Cruiser everyone has talked about for years.
It needs a fixed front fender, ha. The inside of the legshield area is not the best, but put a 250cc+ in it and I'd seriously look at it.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

The 'D' is silent! :lol:

Very cool bike. I think it is one of the best looking retro bikes out there!
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Robbie wrote:Agreed.....looks like they took a Lambretta kicking and screaming into the new millenium.....and IMO, had Labretta lived on this is likely the path it would have followed.
I think this is a better retro path to follow than the companies that try to recreate the PX (Stella)

Rob
have to jump in...the stella isnt a "recreation"..its a continuation. LML was a piaggio licenced maker and when piaggio pulled out and revenmped their line up LML was allowed to continue, manual shift, 2stroke and all...that is what atracted me to it and that its still all steel so even if a moter gets blown it fixable...

NOw, i admit that a pretty scoot and i do like the lammy-retro influences some tbings pop out to me...one is, it scream tupperware and DOT mangle...that is DOT will mangle it before we see it...rules on turn signals, that tail light looks too small, etc.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

I normally don't go for the retro look, but that's one nice looking bike. The blue is my choice though, looks really sharp. The only thing that would prevent me from buying one of those is the body panels, there's just too much.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

EvilNerdLord wrote:
Robbie wrote:Agreed.....looks like they took a Lambretta kicking and screaming into the new millenium.....and IMO, had Labretta lived on this is likely the path it would have followed.

Rob
have to jump in...the stella isnt a "recreation"..its a continuation. LML was a piaggio licenced maker and when piaggio pulled out and revenmped their line up LML was allowed to continue, manual shift, 2stroke and all...that is what atracted me to it and that its still all steel so even if a moter gets blown it fixable...

NOw, i admit that a pretty scoot and i do like the lammy-retro influences some tbings pop out to me...one is, it scream tupperware and DOT mangle...that is DOT will mangle it before we see it...rules on turn signals, that tail light looks too small, etc.
I think you misunderstood my reference to those that try to copy the Stella look
I too consider the Stella a continuation, no different than Enfield.
I was thinking of those that have tried and failed recreating the Stella or PX look in plastic.......uckkkk.
Just thought I'd clarify.

Rob
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

me like. Agree that bigger engine would be very cool on a bike that looks like that. I am not into retro look and I am really not that found of Vespas but there is something about this particular bike design that I really like
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

Love it. Will it ever go on sale in the US? Doubt it. Peugeot scooters are huge in Europe but they are typically modern designs that don't sell well in the US. Maybe this one will be different, but I am not holding my breath. The US scooter market is pretty poor compared to most of the world and Peugeot has no dealer network here. I doubt anyone will consider importing them here a sound investment.
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Good lookin' scoot, yeah reminds me of a modern Lammy, but she IS beautiful.

See it here? doubtful, and those DOT signals would accidentally "fall off" if it did :)
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Rusty J

Post by Rusty J »

viney266 wrote:Good lookin' scoot, yeah reminds me of a modern Lammy, but she IS beautiful.

See it here? doubtful, and those DOT signals would accidentally "fall off" if it did :)
And by an odd coincidence, there'd be a weird wiring fix that "accidentally" turned the running lights into turn signals. Funny, that.... :)
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I really like it but I don't think it'll come to the US. I hope it does though...
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »