World-wide brake lever shortage?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Liz C

World-wide brake lever shortage?

Post by Liz C »

My mechanic has been waiting over a month for Buddy's left brake lever. Anybody else experiencing this?
Check out my fave NSR website: http://schmitt-hall-studios.com/
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

That's odd as it's a common part...Have you tried ordering one yourself from scooterwest or some other company?
Liz C

Post by Liz C »

' believe I'll ask him whence he ordered...
Check out my fave NSR website: http://schmitt-hall-studios.com/
TVB

Post by TVB »

If it's a Genuine dealer, have you tried begging them to take one from one of their inventory bikes (to be replaced when the part comes in)? Many shops keep a "parts" bike for this purpose... though if they do, the left brake lever may have already been taken from it, since it's a popular part to break. But even if they don't, this time of year they probably aren't selling bikes very quickly, so they aren't likely to lose a sale because one of their floor models is temporarily missing a part.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

As a looooong time rider I've learned to keep certain items in my personnal inventory.......levers being one of them.
Order two.....one to repair, one to have on hand and stock the other side as well.

Somehow, the bike knows you have a replacement on hand and you will never break one again......kinda weird, but that seems to be how it works.

Rob
anton walbrook

Post by anton walbrook »

I don't know if youve tried yet, but theres a company called scooterpartsco that can get a lot of stuff for the buddy. I just got a pipe from them and they said they have a lot of parts that arent on the website. It might be worth checking out.
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

You might also consider going with a different brake lever rather than OEM.
Do a search here on MB; other members have gone with alternative levers, including adjustable models.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

ScooterLoungeOnline is another good place to try. They have or can get just about anything. They make it easy.

http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

A roughhouse lever will fit. Looks a little different.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.