NBR.. 11 indictments for Bike gang attack on land rover

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SonnyD

NBR.. 11 indictments for Bike gang attack on land rover

Post by SonnyD »

I believe I read 11, including an Under cover detective, that broke out the
back window.....
this craziness has such potential for making the rest of us Targets of Cagers..... more then we already are.........http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ttack.html
2006 Buddy 125 in ORANGE!..Sold
2007 Harley FLHX in Black Cherry!
1999 Saturn SC1...."Marvin"...Still runnin' strong
skully93

Post by skully93 »

on the flipside, an incident I had this weekend while riding the Helix has me reconsidering my concealed carry permit.....

(I kid, I'd never carry a gun on the road)
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NBR.. 11 indictments for Bike gang attack on land rover

Post by jrsjr »

SonnyD wrote: this craziness has such potential for making the rest of us Targets of Cagers..... more then we already
I couldn't possibly agree more. The whole things sucks and the more hysterical media coverage it gets, the worse it will be. There are still folks who haven't gotten over the Life magazine cover story about the Hollister incident... and that was June of 1947 (only 66 years ago :roll: ). Just imagine how long it will take for them to forget about this...
Milt

Post by Milt »

skully93:

If you carry a weapon at all, you should always carry it.

As an aside, but topic related, If the driver of that cage had been properly armed, it might have discouraged the gang without any shots being fired. That's the way it works in the vast majority of defensive incidents involving armed citizens. For what it might be worth, the cage driver and his family were in real danger of death or serious bodily injury, a sufficient legal and moral justification for the use of defensive deadly force. Of course, the incident occurred in New York, one of our country's many 'victim disarmament zones', so that option was not 'legally' available.

My crystal ball is defective, so I cannot tell in advance whether I'll need life saving equipment at some particular time. That is why they make handguns (a rifle gets you 'talked about' in public), compact fire extinguishers, small first aid kits, etc...
Freedom is a package deal
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

I've had an issues with this whole thing from the beginning: too many idiots on the road including the SUV driver. The bikers were morons, many without any clue regarding safety on the road or licenses to ride.. The SUV driver was a panicked idiot with claustrophobia and overinflated sense of self importance . This is someone who should not be allowed to play video games because he cannot tell reality from fantasy. When I first saw the video where he ran over the bikers I thought this was some crazy video clip from a video game. ...except this was no Grand Theft Auto or Zombie Apocalypse and "zombies" on bikes really wanted a piece of his ass after he started running them over.
If you are worried about being targeted - you should be, at least when it comes to traffic cops. Maybe it is just NY. Maybe other places also. Maybe I am being paranoid. I don't know if this is true but someone made a recording. This is the reason why I ended my riding season earlier than usual. Better to give time for things to calm down over the fall and winter months. Maybe they will all forget about us "biker gang members" by the time spring rolls around.. :roll: http://jalopnik.com/trooper-claims-suv- ... 1447060423
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Okay, now I see that this thread is getting to be about guns so I'm (temporarily) locking it. Ericalm can reopen it as he sees fit. Sorry.