Failure to Fulfill Warranty

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Brother Daryle

Failure to Fulfill Warranty

Post by Brother Daryle »

Here is a copy of a note I sent to the Genuine Facebook page. I have gotten no response from this. There is no phone number listed anywhere on Genuine's website, and I'm getting frustrated.

I am a Blur owner in Wichita KS. Two weeks ago, I took my scooter to the dealer (Biker's Edge) for the 6,000 mile service. Just a couple days before the service, the back light on the speedometer side of the console went out, so I asked them to change the bulb during the service. They told me there is no bulb to change (any light source is part of the circuit card), and they would contact Genuine for a warranty replacement of the integrated circuit card. The service guy at the dealership said he e-mailed and received no answer. Then he called the warranty department and has not received a return call. I frequently ride my scooter at night, and I cannot see my speed until I pass under a street lamp (not ideal). I am well within the two-year warranty period (I bought it in June 2012). I would appreciate it if Genuine Warranty Department would contact Joe in service at Biker's Edge at 800-284-1428 today to make arrangements for replacement parts to be sent immediately. I can be contacted at 575-442-9835. Thank you, Daryle Christensen

As of today, it's been more than a month since I identified the problem to the dealer with no response from Genuine. Any suggestions?
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

There's a phone number listed here, though I'm not sure where or how often they get their info. They've got the right address, so maybe.

http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/c ... any=808093

fwiw, several other sites have the same info.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Your dealer has been unable to reach Genuine for a month?

In the end, the dealer will have to talk to Genuine to get it taken care of. I know it's frustrating, but they either need to be more persistent or replace the part and then deal with filing the claim.

You can try contacting Genuine directly, but your best bet is to keep in contact with the dealer about it.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Is Genuine suffering some internal difficulties since the management change?
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Overland Park ks has a terrific dealer of you want a second opinion.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

It is your dealer's job to work with Genuine to resolve warranty issues. I find it fairly hard to believe that this dealer has found it impossible to contact Genuine in a month or more. How does he obtain other replacement parts? How does he replace stock? How hard is he actually trying? Genuine's warranty system is not really set up to respond to customer inquiries and that part is bound to be frustrating if you try to work this yourself.
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

Your dealer could be trying to get you to pay for it if they are being greedy.

Warranty work doesn't pay as well.
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

I agree that dealers should be in charge of warranty work, but if the customer is making a sincere and concerted effort to go that route and something in the system is failing to even respond in any way, it seems perfectly reasonable to contact the company that honors the warranty. At the least the company should know that they are endorsing a dealership that may not be satisfying a customer and/or not following established protocol. They may not be 'set up' to hear the information, but ultimately it seems like it would be better to hear it and have a chance to act, rather than to find out when the dealership closes and the company loses that market.

I wish I had been more resolute with my dealer... when it was around.
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

lovemysan wrote:Overland Park ks has a terrific dealer of you want a second opinion.
A BIG SECOND ON THAT!
2006 Buddy 125 in ORANGE!..Sold
2007 Harley FLHX in Black Cherry!
1999 Saturn SC1...."Marvin"...Still runnin' strong
bgwss

Post by bgwss »

I found Biker's Edge to be unhelpful at best. I avoid them like the plague, try to do all my own work. They pride themselves on competing with Harley Davidson and do not see all customers as having value and look down on those who ride scooters. Not what you want to hear, you might want to see if KC dealer would be more helpful.