Officially in the Helix Club

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Officially in the Helix Club

Post by Howardr »

Although I technically have a Helix already, i have never ridden it and it is currently in hundreds of pieces in 4 different locations. I don't know how long it will be before we can get it up and running. Therefore, when a friend sent me the link to a running Helix, I couldn't resist. i met the seller and bought the bike. She's a '98 with less than 7000 miles on her. She has a salvage title but I only paid $800. I think I got a good deal.
Attachments
I plan on painting her
I plan on painting her
Helix.jpg (51.73 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Today, Modern Buddy. Tomorrow, the world.

Resistance is futile.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

That's a SWEET deal! Congrats!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Syd

Post by Syd »

With the reddish turn signals, that's pretty close to the new Sun Devil colors - why change? :twisted:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

congrats! How many Helix folk to we have on here now? If there is any scooter that is the opposite of a Buddy it is the Helix, so its funny some of us are charmed by them :D
TVB

Post by TVB »

peabody99 wrote:congrats! How many Helix folk to we have on here now? If there is any scooter that is the opposite of a Buddy it is the Helix, so its funny some of us are charmed by them :D
Buying a Buddy and a Helix would make more sense than buying two scooters that are essentially the same.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

For the sake of accuracy (over tact), Howard's first Helix is only in a few dozen pieces spread over three locations. I should know, I'm doing the piece-keeping. :lol:

Looks good, man. Does it handle like a drunken waterbuffalo, or is there something wrong with Stan's red bike? :)
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Nice colors! Very unique. I believe you'll like it :P.

Mine is officially my favorite canyon-bomber. The weight being mostly behind you and the height/ make it ridiculously fun in curves.

I can tell I'll need to work on mine a bit, top speed is only an indicated 68, but it's old and significant miles.

$800 if you plan to ride the wheels off is a bargain.
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

Wished I had one...! R
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

The bike had a fresh oil change. A friend helped me change the coolant today. In looking close, it appears that most of the plastics are likely from a CF Moto but everything else is original and seems to be in pretty good shape.

After riding it a bit, it has very brisk acceleration and this one seems to handle better than one a friend let me borrow. That one handled like a "drunken water buffalo." I'm guessing that it's the lack of miles that make this one feel better in the corners.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

I want one too!

Keep an eye out...
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com