Stolen Scooter - Somerville, MA

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jonlink

Stolen Scooter - Somerville, MA

Post by jonlink »

Stolen from in front of my house on Winter Hill while I was at work today (11/21/2013 between 8:30am-7pm). It was locked up. It doesn't say buddy on it anywhere. The left mirror broke off, so it only has a right one.

If you see it...
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (167.49 KiB) Viewed 851 times
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

What happens to all of these scooters that are stolen in Boston?

Have seen so many go missing there.
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

^ Most times they are sold into slavery in some mid eastern country.

jonlink, that's a bummer to come home and find your scoot among the missing. Find the bastards, and get your scoot back so you can run 'em over a few times with it.
I am still confounded as to why you would need to steal some thing that has a locking gas cap and can only be ridden until the fuel is gone. The criminal mind isn't very intelligent.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Danielm

Post by Danielm »

agrogod wrote: I am still confounded as to why you would need to steal some thing that has a locking gas cap and can only be ridden until the fuel is gone. The criminal mind isn't very intelligent.
I think if they can get past the ignition, locks, etc, they can break a locking gas cap too.

I'm sorry to hear your scooter got stolen though, that's terrible, best of luck on finding it. Can you share how it was locked up?
tspinning

Post by tspinning »

That sucks, I'll keep my out out (live down next to Lyndell's). If you don't mind me asking, what kind of lock was in use?
Mr Stiffy

Post by Mr Stiffy »

Apparently these get stolen, then get used for gang related activity then dumped.
Or that's what I've been told by someone that works for a towing company that gets calls to pick them up.