NSR- I've finnally done it.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Drum Pro

NSR- I've finnally done it.

Post by Drum Pro »

I've finally done it. I have channeled my inner nerd and bought myself what I always wanted as an early Christmas gift.....[drum roll please].... An ocarina. After 19 years of playing drums and 3 years playing bamboo flute, (east Indian raga not the Chinese Dizi), I'm now ready to learn something totally pointless....
P.S. I hate ANYTHING Zelda....
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

A Stella and an ocarina - just about everything life has to offer! Enjoy!
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

We got our son an Ocarina (because of Zelda) a couple Christmases ago. He tried but didn't quite get it, he was probably to young. But back in January they started on the Recorder in school, and turns out he has an aptitude for those kinds of instruments. He soon was figuring out songs on the recorder that he heard on the radio. Once he knew the notes on his recorder, he learned the notes on the Ocarina in a couple days, and was then playing them on that. He's not great at it but above average, and hearing him play Radioactive by Imagine Dragons is pretty funny. Now he's doing the same thing with the Clarinet.

Have fun with it.
MB #2349
SonnyD

Post by SonnyD »

I started playing drums in 1963 and have played them my entire life... the only thing else I really stayed with is Guitar, which I started playing in 1966. Of course when you spend your life around other musicians you always pick up a "little this a little that".... I really wish I could play sax... I'd give up all my Drum and Guitar talent to play Sax....Guess you are never too old, but I probably have too many bad habits, like playing a Didgeridioo .... too many cool instruments in this world......
2006 Buddy 125 in ORANGE!..Sold
2007 Harley FLHX in Black Cherry!
1999 Saturn SC1...."Marvin"...Still runnin' strong
Syd

Post by Syd »

Funny, earlier this year, after years of secretly wanting one, I bought a concertina.

Now I just need to find somebody to help me learn how to play it. :oops:
The majority is always sane - Nessus