Please help

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Msm1771

Please help

Post by Msm1771 »

Bump

Not sure if noise is coming from exaust or engine
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Need more info on the bump. :wha:
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
Msm1771

Post by Msm1771 »

I have a whistle that comes from i think the exhaust. I only hear the whistle sound when i go above 60% throttle. It will happen at any speed as long as i give it enough throttle. The 150cc has 900 miles on it and is a 2009. It runs in top shape I am just curious as to what this whistle sound could be coming from? I dont see any visible cracks in the exhaust. Please help.
Msm1771

Bump

Post by Msm1771 »

Anyone? I really need help its my only means of transportation
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Refer back to your original post, please. A forum member has already suggested a starting point:

topic26474.html

If it's exhaust, it could leak from a crack or a gasket. If it was a gasket, you'd probably get a small pop on deceleration (backfire). If the pipe is cracked, make the acquaintance of someone who welds; a new pipe could be expensive.

Start with the intake, as recommended. If an intake boot or manifold is loose, air can get sucked in where it shouldn't be sucked in and whistle too.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I'm going to lock this thread to ensure all replies stay with the original thread. If you must "bump" a thread, simply comment in the original thread, Starting a new thread doesn't bump the original thread, and creates confusion. The link to the original thread is in the comment above. Thanks!

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.