NBR - SUPER BOWL!!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

NBR - SUPER BOWL!!

Post by JHScoot »

Wow oh wow. What can you do about a guy like Peyton Manning? I like the Broncos OK but being I am an old school Miami fan my "like" goes just that far.

The Seahawks? Woo-Hoo I recall them from my childhood when they were an expansion team. I liked the helmets, Jim Zorn, Steve Largent, and they had a pretty good bruiser of a fullback.

But um, I am afraid I am showing my age! So forget those long ago years and tell me, how badly will the Broncos lose to the birds? Go 'Hawks!

Oh, and did anyone see the San Francisco player almost snap his leg off late in the NFC game? Holy smokes, and he didn't even get the call! Hopefully not a career end'r....but ouch!! :cry:
Riding is riding
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

I agree with a lot of what you said except the Broncos are gonna win.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

I suppose it depends on if the refs actually call the Seahawks for all the mugging they do to opposing receivers.

I like Wilson but I don't care for the arrogance of this team. I'll root for the Broncos by default (and I have several friends who are Broncos fans so I'll support them).
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Syd

Post by Syd »

Tocsik wrote:I agree with a lot of what you said except the Broncos are gonna winbig.
Fixed that for you.

Given what the Broncos did to the Pats, I don't give Seattle much hope. Maybe it will be a super Bowl blowout of the old Broncos days in reverse. I was there (well, in town, not downtown. Think I'm nuts?) when a half million people were there after they lost. Can't wait.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

I'm predicting that the Seattle defense and the weather will limit Peyton Manning and we're going to win more easily than the slugfest against the 49ers.

Percy Harvin will also give our offense a big shot in the arm.

And yes, our team and fanbase does have a chip (boulder) on its shoulder. But given that Seattle teams have only had 1 championship ever and feel like we're overlooked up in the northern wilderness, it's kind of understandable.

We have a really young, aggressive, competitive team. The chip on their shoulder motivates them but I'd still say don't judge everyone by Richard Sherman's comments.

The Seahawks are going to be the guys in the black hats going against the second coming of Peyton, but that will only motivate them more. I respect the Broncos, especially on offense, but I think they're going down to a better balanced team.
Rob

Post by Rob »

I'm a big Manning fan. Get the Seahawks out of Seattle and they are very beatable. Denver by 10.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright
OldGuy

Post by OldGuy »

Gotta go for the Seahawks. My brother lives in Colorado... Super Bowl should be good!

As for the 49ers... I was born and raised in the San Francisco bay area, still have a lot of relatives there, but I've lived in the Seattle area for almost 40 years, so happy to see the Seahawks get the win on Sunday. A lot of relatives aren't so pleased though.

And, I must say that the referees played a very tough game. Strong on the offense!
1971 Hodaka Ace 100
1977 Suzuki GT250 is now sold... Good bike!
1980 Yamaha IT125
Honda: '66 CT90 KO; '83 CT110; '92 CT70; 2001 XR250
and 1 or 2 others... I need to sell some bikes!
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

GO, SEAHAWKS!!!!!
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
GrittyTacoman

Post by GrittyTacoman »

Boo yeah, Grandma!!
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

wow. you were spot on, tacoman. what a shocker of a game

the first snap did not bode well for the 'Broncos :lol:
Riding is riding
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

That was really kind of Sad. R
skully93

Post by skully93 »

The shootings and riots around my hood here in Denver were a bit sad!

We wisely mostly watched the Kitten Bowl. Much less stressful.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

skully93 wrote:We wisely mostly watched the Kitten Bowl. Much less stressful.
We did, too. That and the first half of the halftime show. :wink:
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

Rob

Post by Rob »

JHScoot wrote:wow. you were spot on, tacoman. what a shocker of a game

the first snap did not bode well for the 'Broncos :lol:
Tacoman sure did hit this right. And I was waaaaaaay off. This game was over quick. At least, for once, I didn't have any money on the game.

Rob
"Sponges grow in the ocean. That just kills me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen."
- Steven Wright