Church of Genuine Cruiser Takes Root (was Enfield price cut)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Church of Genuine Cruiser Takes Root (was Enfield price cut)

Post by jrsjr »

I just received an e-mail from Royal Enfield USA which states that RE are slashing prices to "reposition" their bikes in the market, including the new Continental GT. (Yay!)

Here is a link to the announcement and here is the important para.
Royal Enfield wrote:The suggested retail price range of the product line now starts at $4,999 and tops out at $5,999 for the new 535cc Continental GT. This effort in repositioning Royal Enfield as a brand will not only put more bikes on the road, but simultaneously gain more of the market share here in the U.S. We are thinking long-term with this move and feel the timing and the opportunity to grow even more will ensure success for Royal Enfield in the U.S.”
Last edited by jrsjr on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

uh oh. I think I could probably fit on one of these pretty well...
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Man, i wish there was some way the Universe could make that (a price reduction) apply to Inder trailers.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

peabody99 wrote:uh oh. I think I could probably fit on one of these pretty well...
It would be almost as much fun to ride as a Genuine 300 Cruiser! :wink:
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

jrsjr wrote:
peabody99 wrote:uh oh. I think I could probably fit on one of these pretty well...
Ok, Let's not get too carried away here!
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

peabody99 wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
You are right, of course. Sorry about that. Just to clarify for the eternal Google record, it is explicitly understood by Modern Buddy members that the Genuine 300 Cruiser, stoned immaculate in design and flawlessly forged in the cold fires of Valhalla from pure unobtanium, is, by definition, the Platonic ideal to which all other bikes are compared and will be compared forever and ever. Amen. (Even if owners have to remove the DOT lights and return their bikes to their original perfect and immaculate state upon delivery in the United States)

And again, I sincerely apologize for the breach of etiquette. I never meant to really imply...
skully93

Post by skully93 »

the 300 cruiser will also have a top speed of 110, but get 95mpg!

Anyway, cool about the RE. I want to see them do well, but they are pricey currently.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

jrsjr wrote:
peabody99 wrote:
jrsjr wrote: It would be almost as much fun to ride as a Genuine 300 Cruiser! :wink:
You are right, of course. Sorry about that. Just to clarify for the eternal Google record, it is explicitly understood by Modern Buddy members that the Genuine 300 Cruiser, stoned immaculate in design and flawlessly forged in the cold fires of Valhalla from pure unobtanium, is, by definition, the Platonic ideal to which all other bikes are compared and will be compared forever and ever. Amen. (Even if owners have to remove the DOT lights and return their bikes to their original perfect and immaculate state upon delivery in the United States)

And again, I sincerely apologize for the breach of etiquette. I never meant to really imply...
Folks, we're witnessing the birth of a new religion that combines Norse mythology and Greek philosophy, and is founded upon Peabody's beatific vision of a winged Genuine 300 descending from the heavens.

Guess that services will be held at a Saab dealership with a bottle of Retsina on the altar and Peabody presiding as High Priestess.

No promise of eternal life, just a 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty.

Non-transferrable, of course.
TVB

Post by TVB »

charlie55 wrote:Folks, we're witnessing the birth of a new religion that combines Norse mythology and Greek philosophy, and is founded upon Peabody's beatific vision of a winged Genuine 300 descending from the heavens.
Makes more sense than some established religions I've heard of.... :)
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

charlie55 wrote:
jrsjr wrote:
peabody99 wrote: Ok, Let's not get too carried away here!

Folks, we're witnessing the birth of a new religion that combines Norse mythology and Greek philosophy, and is founded upon Peabody's beatific vision of a winged Genuine 300 descending from the heavens.

Guess that services will be held at a Saab dealership with a bottle of Retsina on the altar and Peabody presiding as High Priestess.

No promise of eternal life, just a 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty.

Non-transferrable, of course.
As I understand it, services always culminate in The Transmigration of the Stators, after which there is nary a dry eye in the house.
Last edited by jrsjr on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syd

Post by Syd »

charlie55 wrote:...founded upon Peabody's beatific vision of a winged Genuine 300 descending from the heavens.
With Batman riding it.

I believe!
Attachments
batman-unicorn-vespa.jpg
batman-unicorn-vespa.jpg (60.24 KiB) Viewed 1406 times
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Syd

Post by Syd »

OK, nonbelievers. Look what I just found on the CARB site.
Attachments
So there!
So there!
GCEO.png (111.95 KiB) Viewed 1403 times
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

It takes a pet carrier full of faith to get by...
Attachments
Genuine Cruiser.JPG
Genuine Cruiser.JPG (39.58 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
Syd

Post by Syd »

Ahh, thatmustbeatypo, yeah, that's what it is, a typo, sure. :D
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hmph. The Stella Auto 125 docs are up, though!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I'm just devastated that nobody liked my "Transmigration of the Stators" schtick. That was my best stuff, too. :cry: Tough crowd. That's all I can say. I'm guess I'm going to have to get some new material before the Cannonball. :wink:
TVB

Post by TVB »

jrsjr wrote:I'm just devastated that nobody liked my "Transmigration of the Stators" schtick. That was my best stuff, too. :cry: Tough crowd. That's all I can say. I'm guess I'm going to have to get some new material before the Cannonball. :wink:
Theological humor is always a tough sell. I wrote some religious satire pieces in college that... didn't do too well.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

ericalm wrote:Hmph. The Stella Auto 125 docs are up, though!
Somehow I've never bookmarked the CARB link. Anyone care to repost?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

ravenlore wrote:
ericalm wrote:Hmph. The Stella Auto 125 docs are up, though!
Somehow I've never bookmarked the CARB link. Anyone care to repost?
This is the page where you find the lists - http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/cert.php The stuff you are looking for is in the column marked "ONMC," which stands for ON road Motor Cycle. The model years are in the left column. Happy Hunting!