price for 2009 Buddy 125?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

basil46

price for 2009 Buddy 125?

Post by basil46 »

I put my 2009 Buddy 125 Tangerine color with excellent condition. All services, oil and gear oil change regularly, new tires, filter, roller weights, belt, spark plug. Run great. Mileages 9,600, clean title (I am original owner) I tried to sell on craigslist but there are so many non-Geninus scooter like cheap Japanese bikes on list in South Florida. I have trouble to sell my scooter. I ask for $1,500. Do you think it is a fair price? Kelley blue book said $1,600 from dealer. I have to sell my scooter because I am moving far away from work and my new house with home association rule won't let my scooter in the property. HOA is suck.
Your suggestion would be greatly helpful.
Thank
zuki

Post by zuki »

Find a different place to live and keep the scooter :D
skipper20

Re: price for 2009 Buddy 125?

Post by skipper20 »

basil46 wrote:I put my 2009 Buddy 125 Tangerine color with excellent condition. All services, oil and gear oil change regularly, new tires, filter, roller weights, belt, spark plug. Run great. Mileages 9,600, clean title (I am original owner) I tried to sell on craigslist but there are so many non-Geninus scooter like cheap Japanese bikes on list in South Florida. I have trouble to sell my scooter. I ask for $1,500. Do you think it is a fair price? Kelley blue book said $1,600 from dealer. I have to sell my scooter because I am moving far away from work and my new house with home association rule won't let my scooter in the property. HOA is suck.
Your suggestion would be greatly helpful.
Thank
I would challenge the HOA's ruling on scooters especially if they're kept in a garage. Perhaps the rule applies only if they're kept outside 24/7. Good luck. BTW, your $1500 price is fair but I hope you don't have to sell it.

Bill in Seattle but wintering in Arizona
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Location!
Location!
Location!
DennisD

Post by DennisD »

Ah, the things people will subject themselves to in the name of status.
If the Homeowners Association rules turn out to be factual and enforceable and moving somewhere like that is important to you, lower the price of your scooter to $900 for a quick sale and live happily in your subdivision. Or donate it to a charity and write it off on your taxes. I have sold cars at 50% of their value just to get rid of them.
Decide what is most important to you and act on it.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Is this it: http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/mcy/4327826263.html? It is a fair price and I can't say what you can do to get some interest, I'm afraid.

I agree, HOAs with rules such as you say do exist and they do suck, but it's your life, live where you want. Life really is more than what you ride.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ferg52

Post by ferg52 »

I bought virtually the identical tangerine Buddy 125 in October. Asking price was $2000. I paid $1700 but the scooter only had 500 miles on it. I think your price is a good starting point. You may end up dropping it $200-300 for a quicker sale.
basil46

Sold today!

Post by basil46 »

I sold it for $1,400. To a buyer.
I feel void now. But I am moving on to a new home and car.