Body panel swap

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

PIStaker

Body panel swap

Post by PIStaker »

Has anyone purchased an entire set of new body panel?
I like the new blue.
Where did you buy them?
What did you pay (ballpark)?
texepictetus

Post by texepictetus »

I stopped by Scooterworks while in Chicago for business years back and bought Blackjack panels for my Pamplona. Think it ran just under $600, but it has been a while so can't be sure.
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

Yes - Twice - First did a complete body swap with another Modern Buddy member, done a few partial body changes and then another full body panel change from the Italia to the Potent Pink. Went to our local dealer (Vespa Dallas) and talked to them. They cut us a really great deal on the full set. If you are close enough to Chicago - go in and see them in person. Other than that, wait for a sale.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The work is taking all the panels off. Once they are removed (assuming they are not damaged), it is not difficult to paint them any color you want.
vintage red matthew

Post by vintage red matthew »

My gf had her heart set on pink but we wound up with Pamplona. I would be great to SWP with someone that didn't like pink. I know how to paint but it looks to me that many of the panels are molded in color with a slightly textured finish that seems like it would be challenging to paint.
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

take all your panels off and ride naked
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

vintage red matthew wrote:My gf had her heart set on pink but we wound up with Pamplona. I would be great to SWP with someone that didn't like pink. I know how to paint but it looks to me that many of the panels are molded in color with a slightly textured finish that seems like it would be challenging to paint.
150 Italia Panel Swap to Potent Pink with custom Zebra seat cover from Suzy @ Cheeky Seats
Attachments
DSCN0231 MB.jpg
DSCN0231 MB.jpg (116.83 KiB) Viewed 875 times