Do you have a scooter routine?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

iamryan25

Do you have a scooter routine?

Post by iamryan25 »

Tell me about your scooter routine.

Here is mine:

From bed I check the weather on my phone, then I let my dogs out and go outside to see how wrong the forecast is.

At this point I know how I should dress, usually how I normally do. Sometimes I pull out my snow pants or an extra change of clothes to bring with me depending on where I'm headed and how wet it is.

Then I'll start my buddy and pop the seat. From here I put on my helmet, then gloves and stash my hat.

I board my buddy and check my fuel guage (as I have run out before) and lights before taking it off center stand

Usually, it has warmed up enough by now and I'll finally scoot off into the open road.

What's your routine look like?
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

First, I check the thermometer and see how warm it is outside - and figure out what to wear for outerwear based on that.

Then, I herd together all my stuff, depending on where I'm going - which usually includes at least my purse, at most my purse, laptop, and lunch bag.

Then I put on shoes, helmet, gloves, etc and go out to retrieve my scooter! I unlock it, then execute a neat 5-point turn to get it out from underneath the stairs in the hallway of my apartment building.

Once it's out in the parking lot, I load up my stuff into the top case, then pop the seat, stash my lock, and slam the poor seat shut because the latch is iffy now that I've switched to the low profile seat - and then fire up the scooter.

I check the fuel gauge, make sure my glasses are in place and my face shield is down, and off I go!
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

craftynerd wrote: Once it's out in the parking lot, I load up my stuff into the top case, then pop the seat, stash my lock, and slam the poor seat shut because the latch is iffy now that I've switched to the low profile seat -
Grease the latch, you may need to trim back some plastic that might be spilling over into the metal bar that is on the seat part of the latch.
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

iamryan25 wrote:
craftynerd wrote: Once it's out in the parking lot, I load up my stuff into the top case, then pop the seat, stash my lock, and slam the poor seat shut because the latch is iffy now that I've switched to the low profile seat -
Grease the latch, you may need to trim back some plastic that might be spilling over into the metal bar that is on the seat part of the latch.
Or cut the rubber stops to get latch down further. Not much though.
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

Forgot to mention checking modern buddy as part of my routine. :D
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Check weather. Walk dog. Feed both dog and cat. Repeat.
TVB

Post by TVB »

I gear up, unlock it, get on, start it, and go.

I'm not much for ritual. :)

On road trips, it's a different story. That's where obsessive-compulsive syndrome kicks in, and I do have a methodical routine for breaking camp, packing the scoot, and getting underway... because it's necessary.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Get dressed, Check weather channel for chance of rain. Feed dog and let him out. Eat cereal and make my lunch. Kiss wife. Roll out the Buddy and ride to work if the chance or rain is under 50%.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Check weather
Go outside and check real weather
Decide how warm to dress
Gear up
Check bike for any wear and tear that might end my ride
Start and warmup
Put on helmet and gloves
Ride
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Mine is similar, but depends on which office and season :P.

If it's my close office:

check weather while drinking coffee. (roads if it snowed), gear up accordingly. Shovel out a path if needed (usually not, since if there is shoveling there is probably too much snow). Ride to work.

Far office:

Check WIND reports, decide if I can suffer 35mph winds on any bike (gusts are important!). Gear up. pack bike with necessities. check tires, etc. Text my wife upon arrival.
Syd

Post by Syd »

mid-October to mid April: Put on textile jacket, maybe sweatshirt, lined gloves and helmet.

mid-April to mid-October: Replace textile jacket with mesh jacket.

Life's pretty easy in the desert. :)
The majority is always sane - Nessus