Engine swap 170 to 125 frame

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mjrally

Engine swap 170 to 125 frame

Post by mjrally »

Does anyone know if its possible? A buddy of mine just blew up his engine but has a lead on a salvaged 170i engine. I know the 170i engine is injected and has the oil cooler up forward but other than that is there anything else that different that would not allow an engine swap?

Thanks everyone!
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

I do not know if there are any differences in how the engine attaches to the frame, but there must be differences in the wiring loom and the like. In other words, not just plug and play.
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Well he could in theory run a carb and ignition from the 125cc. Local mechanic here says the cranks are different which is unverified.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
mjrally

Post by mjrally »

Yea I figured the loom would be different as far as the injection system goes but I wasnt sure about the oil cooler or how the engine case mounts to the bike frame. I definitely know the fuel pump and fuel pressure sensor would need their own wiring and power source but I wasnt sure about anything else on it.

Thank you guys for the answers so far. I'm still waiting for more details if its just the engine and parts, or a whole wrecked bike.