Going on a little ride AROUND Arizona

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Going on a little ride AROUND Arizona

Post by Howardr »

No, I don't mean we will be sight-seeing a bunch of places in AZ. I mean we are riding the perimeter (give or take a bit) of the state. A couple of other scooter friends (include MB'er Honda John) and one motorcycle leave on our 2000 mile adventure this Sunday, 5/4.

We leave Tucson Sunday morning and go to Yuma and the southwest corner. Then it up Hwy 95 to Henderson, NV for the NW corner. Will are going to go a bit north and ride through Zion National Park and head over to the NE corner, aka Four Corners. Then will head south on old Rt 666 aka the Devil's Hghway to the SE corner (approx) in Douglas, AZ, then return home to Tucson.

If you are interested in following along, I will post to my twitter (@scootrn) and quite a bit to our club Facebook group (Sky Island Rider LLC)

We are doing this in 6 days of 300-350 miles/day.

Wish us luck and safe travels,

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Have fun! Pics or it didn't happen :P.
Syd

Post by Syd »

Sounds like a lot of fun. What are *you* taking, Howardr? Iron Buddy?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Sounds like a great adventure! I will certainly check in and follow.

Safe riding!
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

if you get a sun tan make sure to have your "papers"
Riding is riding
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Building call centers and I have finals coming up, so I'm missing this one. :(
Syd wrote:Sounds like a lot of fun. What are *you* taking, Howardr? Iron Buddy?
The fabled "Iron Buddy" has been sold. :( He'll be riding "The Twinkie", his yellow Helix, instead. Put a new belt on last week, new rollers in last night. Stilll needs new clutch shoes and the driven sheave needs a rebuild, but at least I replaced the grease on the sheave bearings and polished the burnt-on crap off of the input shaft. That's going to be a "later" project at this point.
JHScoot wrote:if you get a sun tan make sure to have your "papers"
At the risk of sounding crass, this SB1070 shtick is a bit overplayed in other states. You would think that Arizona was rolling around cartloads of Latinos in the manner of the "bring out your dead!" gag from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. We have people in this town who peacefully impede Border Patrol busses carrying "undocumented immigrants" so they aren't sent back anyway. Don't act sketchy and you have nothing to worry about. That applies whenever you engage law enforcement officials anywhere. :roll:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...