Saddle bags?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Sailn

Saddle bags?

Post by Sailn »

I would love to put a set opn saddle bags on my buddy. They would be great for trips to the grocery store. I have been looking for some that might either attach under the seat, and hang over the sides, or attach to my still on order rear rach. To date, my search has yielded no fruit.

Has anyone found any saddle bags? Or will I have to weld up a frame and sew some bags togather?
Scootin_in_MS

Post by Scootin_in_MS »

Givi has some scooter-specific saddlebags. They might work...

http://www.giviusa.com/caschi_borse_bau ... CO_ID=9535

Jody
Keys

Post by Keys »

Also, a cat in our scooter club (the Scarabs) went to an army surplus store and found a set he uses on his Stella. I believe he had to have the center section shortened by a seamstress, but he seems happy with them...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
scarabmonkey

Post by scarabmonkey »

Keys wrote:Also, a cat in our scooter club (the Scarabs) went to an army surplus store and found a set he uses on his Stella. I believe he had to have the center section shortened by a seamstress, but he seems happy with them...
nope...no shortening...they're perfect...course the Stella is wider so they might be too low on the buddy...plus the buddy has less cowl I believe.

oh...and they were about $18...
Keys

Post by Keys »

Sorry, Monkey, I forgot who it was who had them...I was thinking it was JarJar.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
scarabmonkey

Post by scarabmonkey »

he bought em first and passed the info on to me...
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

We have the Givi saddlebags in stock if interested. They are adjustable and work pretty well.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

Max,

Thanks for getting the Givi saddlebags out so fast :D

These things rock, They are very well made, look like they should be on my cream buddy, and they have a lot of usable space.

I don't think I will need either of the racks now. They hold enough for a casual trip to the market and I don't need to screw around with bungie cords or milk crates...

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.
Motorsport Scooters
Dealer

Post by Motorsport Scooters »

Great! I'm glad you like them. No pressure, but if you get a chance to post a picture, I'm sure all would appreciate, and I'd love to see. If it's a pain, don't worry about it.
Max
Vespa Motorsport
619-280-1718
http://www.scooterwest.com/
#1 source for all things Vespa
sparty

Post by sparty »

any one got pics of *any* saddle bags on a Budddy?
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

Sorry I haven't taken any pictures yet. We just had a son, and as you can guess, I seems to be busy as all hell, and getting nothing done.

Anyway, The saddle bags look good, and are very useful. I do'nt use them most of the time, but if I am going to pick up a bunch of stuff at the store, I will put them on.

Installation is very simple. Just open the seat, lay the straps across ( the rear strap fits right around the gas cap), close the seat. Closing the seat can be the hardest part. The strap have to be loose enought so that the lip of the seat can push them down when the seat closes, I might take the cover off the seat and cut the lip off in a few places to make this easier. Lastly I use a bungie cord, which was supplied by Givi, to secure the bottom rear of the saddle bags to eachother.
Lagerhead

Post by Lagerhead »

Is it these?
Attachments
givisaddle.jpg
givisaddle.jpg (58.1 KiB) Viewed 1756 times
Sailn

Post by Sailn »

Yep, those are the one[/img]
Corsair

Post by Corsair »

those are nice but are there any other saddle bag options available? Also does anyone have any road trip packing tips?
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Motorsport also has these... on sale for a mere $65!

This is actually going to be one of my first DIY/getting crafty with the scoot projects after we get a new sewing machine. I'm going to take some army surplus bags, put a soft backing on them so they don't muss my cowls, add some reflective stripes and sew on some adjustable straps so they'll fit both the Buddy and LX.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…