STOLEN SCOOTER - Alexandria, VA - Ideas for recovery?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Jadorelavie

STOLEN SCOOTER - Alexandria, VA - Ideas for recovery?

Post by Jadorelavie »

If anyone in the DMV sees this, I'd really appreciate it if you'd look out for a red 50cc Buddy. I had mine stolen from my office next to the Braddock Road Metro. From what we can tell from surveillance footage, it took 2 teens about 10 minutes to hotwire it.

She wasn't locked up because the building management assured me it was safe stored in their rear covered lot and I've kept it unlocked in other parts of Old Town for years, so I had a false sense of security. I was under the impression no one would know it was there and if they did she was too beat up to want, I was wrong.

The police are confident it's in the Sec. 8 housing a block away, but do not expect that we'll ever see it again. I'm trying to keep an open mind and am hoping you guys can help me with ideas to increase my chances of recovery.

Thanks!
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Recovery is not a huge ratio, at least not in good condition. But it does happen!

Hopefully registration and insurance will keep you from bearing the brunt of the cost!
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

I'll keep my eyes open, I'm just a mile north of there in the Arlandria area. I've had one of my Buddy's stolen when I was living in N. Arlington, even when it was locked up with a chain around the body. Somehow, the thieves managed to get the loose hoop up and over the handlebars, leaving just the chain. I settled with insurance and the cops found it in DC a week later. It sucks, but comprehensive is the best advise for anyone getting a new bike, because there really is no other options for covering yourself financially. I've also had attempts on my bikes while they were locked up in my residential garage. Only thing they were able to do was take some accessories and a license plate off. Good luck with your search, I hate thieves.
mukaiboston

Post by mukaiboston »

I live in Tenley now so I'd doubt it would make it all the way up here but I'll keep an eye out.

I used to ride to Old Town all the time when I lived in Alexandria, but I would usually park it near South Royal and Queen Street.

I'm starting to look at parked scooters when I walk past them and if I noticed anything like a front cover missing or an ignition that has been tampered with, I think I'll snap a picture of them and post pictures here to see if they belong to anyone.