first ride saddle sore

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLady

first ride saddle sore

Post by ScootLady »

I rode today about 30 miles total. I went into town and back! This is all on county roads that have traffic moving at about 60 mph average. I am feeling good about the ride. Might try to get out again tomorrow. My tushie is a little sore. tell me please the seat breaks in.
Scooting through life...smiling all the way!
Tocsik

Post by Tocsik »

Congrats on your ride!
To be honest, I find the Buddy very comfortable. I just brought home a Suzuki Boulevard S40 and found the seat nowhere as comy as the Buddy! The flat seat on the Buddy allows you to change positions.
.::I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man do they come up with some great ideas::.
scootERIK

Post by scootERIK »

The seat will break in a bit, and your tushie will too. The more you ride the longer you will be able to ride without getting sore.

I would suggest moving around on the seat till you find a spot you like. I like to sit near the back of the seat.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

scootERIK wrote:The seat will break in a bit, and your tushie will too.
Yes, it will. :wink:
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

A friend with an uncomfortable seat used one of these soften up his scooter seat. Silly cheap, surprisingly comfy:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30229077/
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

I'm on the low profile seat and that's the one thing I have found delightful about my ride: my butt never gets sore even on rides of 50+ miles. I was amazed!

But I have been riding other scoots for years so maybe my fanny is used to it, don't know.

There's no harm in doing rest stops and if you really need it the Air Hawk air pads are reputedly very comfy!
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

The abrupt seams in the concrete roads in this area will make you sore. I agree with moving slightly forward or aft on the seat when it starts to hurt. Long distance bicycle riders move on their seat at regular intervals to reduce soreness and numbness.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI