Buddy Blackjack Realistic Top Speed?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

Buddy Blackjack Realistic Top Speed?

Post by skipper20 »

OK, Blackjack owners, please tell me your honest, realistic top speed in mph and please don't give me any indicated or buddy mph numbers. I'd prefer to see a GPS confirmed top speed but if you don't have a GPS it's OK to subtract 5 mph from your speedometer reading or whatever your experience has been. Thanks!

Bill in Seattle
guzziknight

Post by guzziknight »

Hauling my 280 lbs around, I've hit a true 60 mph, a little faster going down hills. Truthfully, I wouldn't want to go much faster on that bike.
Four wheels move the Body.
Two wheels move the Soul.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Mine is pretty much a blackjack (it's a 150 with all the goodies).

I have gone a bit faster than 60, but not reliably or with any kind of hills. Down a hill I've hit an indicated 75, but that's new pants territory.

Realistically, if you want to feel OK on 55 and under roads, a Blackjack is a fine choice.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

220lb rider 55-60mph
Riding is riding
ed85379

Post by ed85379 »

145 pound rider here. I never measured my speed pre-windshield, but post-windshield, I've topped out at 68 mph, GPS. I can regularly cruise at 65, but it takes pushing and a long stretch to get it those extra 3mph.