NSR - Gigs

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

NSR - Gigs

Post by JHScoot »

What gigs have you gone to this year? What are you going to? Maybe you have played some of your own? I don't get out to as many as before but try to see a few select every year.

Next gig: X at The Roxy where they will perform my favorite X album front to back, per my 30 year old request for it. Its about time!

Riding is riding
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Just saw a group called Real Diamond, a Neil Diamond tribute band. Went with my girlfriend, we had a good time.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eTRB06wauQw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> Real Diamond
Last edited by agrogod on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Saw The Winery Dogs a bit back in Charlotte, N.C. As a bass player myself it was great to see Billy Sheehan have his way with his. Good band, and for the people who aren't familiar, the lead singer sounds alot like Chris Cornell of Soundgarden fame.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I have a few acts I will see whenever they are in the Valley, so last year I saw John Hiatt and Little Feat, and saw Jonathan Richman too. This year nothing yet, but Lyle Lovett next month.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Exene has gone totally nuts. I think it would make me sad to see that.

Going to (finally) see Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Neutral Milk Hotel, two bands I put off seeing for far too long.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Only thing on my agenda are The Iguanas here on 7/3. I have some church-music gigs to play later in July (national convention in STL), but that's not quite the same thing. :D
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!