Riding pants that I can wear to work

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

RickWaza

Riding pants that I can wear to work

Post by RickWaza »

I ride the Blur to work a few times a week and am looking for pants to wear while riding. I work in an office so standard "office casual" is the norm (khakis and golf shirts). I don't like wearing khakis while riding though, for two reasons. First, it feels like my wallet and phone are going to fall out of my pockets (unlike jeans, where the pockets are more horizontal) and the material would be about as good as tissue paper if I went down (and they flap in the wind). I was looking at something like Dickies carpenter pants or Carhartt Duck pants. Something a little more substantial but still acceptable office wear. I also saw Tactical pants on Amazon that looked like they might be a little beefier. Does anyone have any suggestions on specific brands and styles? It's cool enough in the mornings that I'm not worried about overheating, so I don't need mesh or anything. Thanks, all!
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

There are "over pants" that you can just slip up over your work wear. They usually have half zip legs so you can get your feet in them with shoes or boots on.

If it's just an issue of pockets and stuff, why not just put your wallet, etc. in the pet carrier until you get to work then put them in your pockets?

I wear scrubs, chinos, capris, shorts, so forth to work. I like to be able to wear whatever I want to work and so the over pants or flex pants are the answer for me.

You can get them in mesh or a combination like the Tour Master Flex pants where you can have lined, unlined, mesh only, or liner only choices.

Or keep a pair of khakis in your desk drawer and put them on when you get there.

I am not a seasoned commuter, but I too want to start riding to work once a week and these are things I've considered.
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
ferg52

Post by ferg52 »

These. I have the cargo version with armour, but the khakis without armour would still be kevlar in the critcical areas.
http://www.compacc.com/p/sliders-kevlar ... ding-pants
ScootLady

work/riding pants

Post by ScootLady »

I also work in an office and ride to work. I just change in the ladies room when I get there. I wear my boots to ride and will have to change my shoes too. It is working for me. Is that an option?
Scooting through life...smiling all the way!
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

aerostitch (motorcycle gear store) sells some NICE motorcycle safe dress pants. Pricey but worth the extra protection.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

As a daily, all-year commuter, I highly recommend overpants. Easy on, easy off, wear whatever you want underneath (pants, dress, skirt, shorts, leggings, maybe even nothing at all!).

I don't get why folks bother wearing pants for abrasion but not impact. I suppose you could always strap good knee armour over the pants and remove it when getting to your destination. But that's more hassle than just zipping off the overpants. And my 3-season overpants (non-summer) have the added benefit of being waterproof without futzing with a liner.

webBikeWorld did some reviews of casual moto-pants/jeans
http://www.webbikeworld.com/site-search ... tm?q=jeans

And my favorite tough pants...Duluth Firehose. But I personally wouldn't wear these without my Forcefield knee armour underneath.