NSR-Last of The Ramones

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

KrispyKreme

NSR-Last of The Ramones

Post by KrispyKreme »

There are non left. Joey was always my favorite member. They all died a little early. This is a song I always listen to before boarding a plane. Great band.

http://youtu.be/jjfcggmk9MU
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

hey ho....they're gone! :cry:
Riding is riding
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Dang shame. "I wanna be sedated!"
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

The Ramones were awesome! You could always count on them to put on a good show.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

There are FOUR Ramones left: Marky, the drummer of 15 years who played on most of their records, Richie, the drummer through several years in the 80s, CJ, the bassist who replaced Dee Dee for many years, and Elvis (Blondie drummer Clem Burke), who was only very briefly in the band, but he's awesome. Yeah, it wouldn't be much of a reunion with three drummers and a bassist and no original members, but I've been seeing "All the Ramones are dead" all day so I'm going to be THAT guy who stands up for the forgotten Ramones, who gladly played their hearts out for many years, especially considering what a pain it must have been dealing with Joey, Johnny, and Dee Dee, who (as much as I love them) could not have been easy to be stuck in a van with all those years.

Also weird I didn't see a single story that mentioned the dude produced Tim by the Replacements, which is as important a contribution to the world as drumming for the Ramones.

2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
TVB

Post by TVB »

illnoise wrote:Also weird I didn't see a single story that mentioned the dude produced Tim by the Replacements, which is as important a contribution to the world as drumming for the Ramones.
It is. I always thought of him as "record producer Tommy Erdelyi, co-founder of the Ramones".
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

TVB wrote:It is. I always thought of him as "record producer Tommy Erdelyi, co-founder of the Ramones".
Right? to the degree that I was surprised when I looked it up and found that he really hadn't done a whole lot of production outside of the Ramones, early Talking Heads, and Replacements. But that's how he always seemed to be introduced in interviews and films and stuff. I think he always tried to sell himself as an industry guy more than a musician, he was actually the manager and only joined the band to fill in when Joey moved to vocals, and worked with them on production on and off after he stopped drumming, so it seems like maybe he just wasn't into the lifestyle too much.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
TVB

Post by TVB »

I'd heard that one of the other Ramones kinda resented Tommy because he knew how to fix meals and functional-adult stuff like that. :)
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

TVB wrote:I'd heard that one of the other Ramones kinda resented Tommy because he knew how to fix meals and functional-adult stuff like that. :)
I am resented by other males for my cooking ability. I can totally relate.
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

I always wanted to be a Ramone. Missy Ramone. But I'm not skinny.
so tough, so pink