I am back (again and again). Bought a Buddy

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

MrChet

I am back (again and again). Bought a Buddy

Post by MrChet »

Well, I sold my 2008 Black 125 two weeks ago and regretted it. I also had a Vespa ET2 that I wanted to sell first but the neighbor needed > displacement so I sold him the Buddy. A week later I sold the Vespa and two days after that a 2007 Red Buddy 125 popped up on the local craigslist. I've been thinking about getting a dual sport bike but in the end I just couldn't resist. Paid $900 for the Buddy with 3200 miles on it and in pretty good shape (needs battery, fluids exchanged, front disc flushed and bled) and it's in the garage now. I previously owned a Sea Foam 125 about 4 years ago. That's 3 different Buddy's in just over 4 years.

Having ridden many scooters (Vespa, Stella, Vintage Lambretta, Zuma) I have to say that the Buddy just feels right and familiar. It's a well built scooter with lots of pep. The simple design (no EFI) and serviceability just make it a pleasure to own. I say I am not going to sell this one but who knows what the future holds. I'm definitely earning a reputation as a Buddy whore though with my better half.

What pushed me over on this purchase was that I already had a new battery, air filter and oil filter in scooter parts box for the Buddy. I just need to run to Wally World to get some oil and give the scooter a wash and I'll be back in Buddy Heaven.

Ride safe and have fun out there!