Good Buy?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AScootForMe

Good Buy?

Post by AScootForMe »

Hello All,

So, I got the approval from the wife to get a scooter (yea), and have pretty much decided on a Buddy 50. I have test ridden a few, and they are perfect for what I want and need. I have been going back and forth between new (approx $2700 after tax) with a warranty, or a used one (seem to be going for around 1500 - 2000 in my area for a 2012+ model.) I found a 2013 Buddy 50 International Italia edition for $1700 that I am going to look at tomorrow. The owner bought 3 for his family expected they would be riding more, but apparently that didn't happen. (I always like to know why they want to sell) He indicated it has about a 1000 or so miles on it, and had a recent oil change. I inquired about the service history, he indicated he has changed the oil twice.

One thing I noticed when test riding the previous Buddy 50's, they did smoke on startup, and seemed to smoke while driving a little bit. (one I test rode was new, the other was a used one with 2500 miles on it). Is there an "acceptable" amount of smoke that comes out from a 2 stroke?

Being as the Buddy has such low miles, what should I be looking for? I am obviously concerned about how the break-in period was done on any used scooter, as I keep reading that the first 500 miles are extremely important.

Looking forward to joining the club!
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Where are you located? My neighbor is selling her 2013 with 500 miles for $1400. Mint and just serviced. Smoke is normal. Especially if they haven't been ridden regularly. That something that will lessen with a little riding.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
AScootForMe

Post by AScootForMe »

lovemysan wrote:Where are you located? My neighbor is selling her 2013 with 500 miles for $1400. Mint and just serviced. Smoke is normal. Especially if they haven't been ridden regularly. That something that will lessen with a little riding.
Thank you for the info on the scooter and the smoke. I am in Denver.
skipper20

Re: Good Buy?

Post by skipper20 »

AScootForMe wrote:Hello All,

So, I got the approval from the wife to get a scooter (yea), and have pretty much decided on a Buddy 50. I have test ridden a few, and they are perfect for what I want and need. I have been going back and forth between new (approx $2700 after tax) with a warranty, or a used one (seem to be going for around 1500 - 2000 in my area for a 2012+ model.) I found a 2013 Buddy 50 International Italia edition for $1700 that I am going to look at tomorrow. The owner bought 3 for his family expected they would be riding more, but apparently that didn't happen. (I always like to know why they want to sell) He indicated it has about a 1000 or so miles on it, and had a recent oil change. I inquired about the service history, he indicated he has changed the oil twice.

One thing I noticed when test riding the previous Buddy 50's, they did smoke on startup, and seemed to smoke while driving a little bit. (one I test rode was new, the other was a used one with 2500 miles on it). Is there an "acceptable" amount of smoke that comes out from a 2 stroke?

Being as the Buddy has such low miles, what should I be looking for? I am obviously concerned about how the break-in period was done on any used scooter, as I keep reading that the first 500 miles are extremely important.

Looking forward to joining the club!
Why a 50? For your price range you can get a very good used 125 or even a 150. If you're new to scootering and buy a 50, you'll soon be disappointed in the 50's lack of performance. Going WOT and still falling behind in traffic can be very unnerving. Save yourself the headaches of upgrading and get a 125 or 150 now.

Bill in Seattle
'09 150 Blackjack
'12 170i Italia
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

AScootForMe wrote: Is there an "acceptable" amount of smoke that comes out from a 2 stroke?
That question is in the eye of the beholder. To me - no, there is no "acceptable" amount of smoke that comes from a 2T. Others love the smell of 2T oil in the morning. :wink:

And I'm another one of those riders who thinks you should look at the Buddy 125. It is the best buy in the Buddy line in my opinion, and there are really no drawbacks to the 125 vs. the 50. The 125 is the same size and about the same weight as the 50. The 4T engine is more reliable and will last longer. Fuel mileage is better. Resale is better. Blah, blah, blah...
(Besides, nobody ever wanted their scooter to go slower :wink: )
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

AScootForMe wrote: I inquired about the service history, he indicated he has changed the oil twice.

You don't change the oil with a 2-stroke unless it is gear oil. :?
AScootForMe

Post by AScootForMe »

I decided to pass on the scooter. Too many strange things going on with the seller, and he couldn't really "find" all of the paperwork.

Regarding the whole 50 vs larger, I have ridden quite a few 50's, and for what I need it for, it is perfect, esp. for where I would be driving it. (and more importantly parking it). Going larger starts to mess with that. But I appreciate the advice. Heck, in my opinion, jumping straight to a 125 (or larger) interrupts the fun of upgrading later if I want to expand my driving habits, as well as kills the fun of "collecting" scooters :D
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

KrispyKreme wrote:
AScootForMe wrote: I inquired about the service history, he indicated he has changed the oil twice.

You don't change the oil with a 2-stroke unless it is gear oil. :?
Yeah, that made me laugh. De-restrict da fiddy and you can roll at 45 mph all day long.........except on hills, then U B going 25. :shock:

I'm selling my 2008 Italia for $1K (has the Genuine color matching top box and rack), so that I can buy a Vespa, but nobody is interested. :P
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
TVB

Post by TVB »

AScootForMe wrote:He indicated it has about a 1000 or so miles on it, and had a recent oil change. I inquired about the service history, he indicated he has changed the oil twice.
There are two possible things he may have meant by this. One is that he's had the gear oil (a small amount in the transmission, not the engine) changed twice; that's possible, but it doesn't need it that often. The other is that he's refilled the oil tank – "changing" it by replacing it – twice; that seems more likely.
As long as it isn't belching smoke, I wouldn't worry much about it.
(Besides, nobody ever wanted their scooter to go slower :) )
You go off-line for a week, and they forget all about you. :roll:

You'll get no shortage of people telling you not to buy the scooter you want, because they wouldn't want it. Feel free to ignore the faster-is-always-better mentality. I did, and was glad of it.

The Buddy 50 has limitations; I know this better than most, because I lived with them for 24K miles. :) I recently replaced mine with a Buddy 125 because I was getting close to wearing it out, and wanted a replacement that would last longer. So longevity is one limitation. Top speed is another: if you get it derestricted, you can probably do 40mph, which means that busy 45mph roads get dicey, and 55mph roads are just a bad idea. Maintaining speed up-hill is another, so they can have trouble in places like Pittsburgh or San Francisco or the Keweenaw Peninsula. If those limitations would be a problem, look at a 125 instead. But if not, embrace them. A scooter that required me to go 40mph or under pushed me to find different ways of getting places: a different route to work, different routes for travel out of town. I usually ended up liking those routes better.

I just got back from my first big road trip on the new 125. I'd been on several before (riding the 50), and I built those trips around its limitations. With this one, I didn't have some of those limits, and contrary to Dooglas' assumption, I know I lost something in the process. I found myself going 45mph when I previously would've gone 35mph, which leads to more instances of seeing something by the side of the road that I wanted to stop and take a picture of... but I'm already past it. (Who knows what I didn't even notice?) I could go 55-60mph on the state highway... and found that I really wasn't enjoying riding, when I was at that speed. Yes, I could go slower, but I no longer had help going slower. The mindset that "more is better" is how we get fat (so to speak); I think there's value in things that actually help us live by "less is better".
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

TVB wrote: I didn't have some of those limits, and contrary to Dooglas' assumption, I know I lost something in the process. I found myself going 45mph when I previously would've gone 35mph, which leads to more instances of seeing something by the side of the road that I wanted to stop and take a picture of... but I'm already past it. (Who knows what I didn't even notice?) I could go 55-60mph on the state highway... and found that I really wasn't enjoying riding, when I was at that speed. Yes, I could go slower, but I no longer had help going slower.
Everyone obviously picks out their own ride and (hopefully) their own riding style - and that is as it should be. On the other hand, I do most of my touring on a BV 350. It is easily capable of doing 85 mph. Do I go everywhere at 85 mph and miss virtually everything I might otherwise see? As you might guess, no I don't. When I choose to go 25 mph, that is what I do. Can everyone control their right hand and ride as they choose? I can't answer for everyone, but I do know what works for me. (and I usually ride a 125 or 150 in town - not because they won't go any faster but because they are lighter weight and more maneuverable than my bigger bikes)
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

I think TVB is just missing a scoot he had to let go. Natural progression.
TVB

Post by TVB »

KrispyKreme wrote:I think TVB is just missing a scoot he had to let go. Natural progression.
No, I'm repeating points I've made many times over the past several years. The fact that they don't make sense to you doesn't make them invalid.
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

TVB wrote: No, I'm repeating points I've made many times over the past several years. The fact that they don't make sense to you doesn't make them invalid.
I get it. Some of my friends don't understand why I want to upgrade to a Vespa GTS 300 instead of getting a lot of motorcycle for the same money. The Vespa appeals to me more than any motorcycle ever has. I don't care to blast down the interstate on 2 wheels. That does not sound fun to me. 90% of my riding is commuting in town, so a scooter makes more sense. I don't really even NEED to go bigger, but 300cc's would give me a little more piece of mind that I am not going flat out for long periods of time when I feel like a longer trip and will help me keep up with traffic when going uphill or against the wind. Plus, isn't it just gorgeous?

If your expectations of a 50cc bike are realistic and you are not deterred, then go for it.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

KrispyKreme wrote:I think TVB is just missing a scoot he had to let go. Natural progression.

I don't think so...for some people a 50cc meets their wants and needs. I have a friend with a People 50 with over 30k on it. We (meaning me) thought it was time for a rebuild. I suggested kitting it. "Naw....I like it the way it is."

After we took a look it was belt, rollers, decoke (it wasn't bad but we had the head off) and a carb rebuild, about $100, and it was running like new. He is still happy with it.
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
skully93

Post by skully93 »

This is a common discussion here.

50cc have a lot of advantages in many places, including free parking, cheap insurance, and incredibly cheap registration. My only issue is that people tend to ignore taking a MC class and skip safety gear because they have a 50, then they wreck due to lack of training (here at least).

They're also in town rides. We did take some up a few hours SW, but they couldn't make some mountain climbs. It was a stupid idea, IMHO, but we had fun.

But you don't NEED a really big bike. 50cc is still a very viable mode of transport!
TVB

Post by TVB »

"[ I ] have pretty much decided on a Buddy 50. I have test ridden a few, and they are perfect for what I want and need."

It baffles me that statements like this are answered with suggestions to buy something else instead. Yes, it's good to explain to new scooterists what to really expect in the long term from the model they're looking at (the bigger Genuines have limitations too), and I make a point of doing that when someone talks about buying a Buddy 50, because I know it first-hand. But it's important to keep in mind that people are different, so one person's flaw can be another person's feature, and some really will be happier with a scooter that you, personally, couldn't put up with.
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

TVB wrote:"[ I ] have pretty much decided on a Buddy 50. I have test ridden a few, and they are perfect for what I want and need."

It baffles me that statements like this are answered with suggestions to buy something else instead. Yes, it's good to explain to new scooterists what to really expect in the long term from the model they're looking at (the bigger Genuines have limitations too), and I make a point of doing that when someone talks about buying a Buddy 50, because I know it first-hand. But it's important to keep in mind that people are different, so one person's flaw can be another person's feature, and some really will be happier with a scooter that you, personally, couldn't put up with.
Your comments were most likely directed to me since I talked down the idea of buying a 50 BUT my sugestion to go bigger was based on my own personal experience. My first scooter was a used 2002 Honda Elite 80. I bought it from a Yamaha dealer. It couldn't pull the hills in my neighborhood so 2 weeks after I bought it I traded it back in to the same dealer for a new Yamaha Vino 125. It had no trouble with the hills. But, if a hilly neighborhood is not a problem, by all means buy a 50. If it works for you, that's all that counts.

Bill in Seattle
'09 150 Blackjack
'12 170i Italia
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

skipper20 wrote: I talked down the idea of buying a 50 BUT my suggestion to go bigger was based on my own personal experience.
And indeed, personal experience is what all of us bring to a discussion like this. Mine is similar to yours. It is interesting to me that 50 cc vs. 125/150cc discussions of this sort often turn into some kind of minor "holy war" with 50cc proponents feeling they have to vigorously defend their choice against all comers. For some reason, the same discussion about the merits of the 150cc Vespa vs. the 300cc Vespa seldom take the same turn even though many of the issues are the same. We each make choices and we each have personal experiences to share as a result. Nobody's experiences are "wrong" - but they may well be different.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Easiest way to get an Elite 80 to go up a hill it to change the rollers. They came with 10gr weights in stock configuration. I swapped them for 8gr weights. Changing the rollers moved the variation point from 17mph indicated to 27mph indicated Take-off from lights got much better and it could climb hills. Top speed was unaffected. Adjusting the valves back to spec fixed that. It'd run 46-47mph all day and could hit 50mph on fresh pavement with no wind.

Not my biggest bike (not the smallest either), but it's a great city bike with excellent cargo-hauling capability. If I never rode to Phoenix or further (and planned on coming back on the same day), the CH80 would be all I needed.

If a 50cc gets the job done for you, go for it! Little motors can be great in their own right and can be a joy to ride if the rider is mindful of the machine's limitations.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

TVB wrote:
No, I'm repeating points I've made many times over the past several years. The fact that they don't make sense to you doesn't make them invalid.
I meant that in the nicest way. Sorry YOU took it differently.

It is a progression that many make. Hell, brother, we are scooter riders. We catch shit from all angles. Let's not throw in on each other. I in no way degraded a 50cc scoot. If you felt that way, maybe you should first read what I wrote, then knock that chip off your shoulder.
Last edited by KrispyKreme on Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TVB

Post by TVB »

skipper20 wrote:Your comments were most likely directed to me...
Not just you. In fact, I wish it was just one person. Over and over here I've heard "you'll regret getting a 50" (or similar) said to new riders, without even knowing how they intend to use it. It bugs me every time, because it's dismissive of the fact that people are different, that their mileage may vary, and that one size does not fit all.
dooglas wrote:... 50 cc vs. 125/150cc discussions of this sort often turn into some kind of minor "holy war" with 50cc proponents feeling they have to vigorously defend their choice against all comers.
The defensiveness comes when people talk as if satisfied 50 owners don't exist, that their experiences and the benefits they see in that choice are imaginary. It isn't "you bought the wrong bike" it's "you don't count"... which is worse.

And it's a one-sided war. I'm not bothered when someone decides that they need something larger. If someone isn't happy with anything less than even a hawg or crotchrocket, I wish them well riding their own ride (and ride my own). And anyone who is happy with something much smaller should get the same from others.
KrispyKreme wrote:I meant that in the nicest way. Sorry YOU took it differently.
It may have been intended nicely, but it dismissed my remarks as just sentimentality, and I don't know a good way to take that.
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

How it looks to fans of 50cc:

"I'm going to buy a scooter!"
"YOU NEED AN SUV!!!!! What if you want to haul a couch, or a family of sixteen, or start a driving-billboard company?"
"But I don't plan on doing any of that."
"But you might!"

How I suspect it feels to fans of 125+:

"I'm going to buy a Lexus!"
"Okay, well you should think about the luxury package. In terms of the cost of the vehicle, it's a fraction of the cost more, and while you may not want heated seats now, your needs might change. What if your job transfers you to Wisconsin?"

As a 50 fan, I'll say this. I don't think I've ever popped into a thread where someone said they were buying a 125+ and told them they'd be much happier with a 50. And that might sound silly, but I actually believe that many, many riders would be much happier with a 50 than something bigger, if they were honest about their needs.

As a MB member, I'll say this. This 'argument' has hijacked the thread of a new member who came here looking for advice. I'm a little embarrassed of my MB family for that. Sorry, AScootfor. We really don't have many arguments here, and most of the time I'm pretty sure the great majority of us feel like we're working towards the same goal: fun, function, safety, knowledge, community.

I've heard that, among many other things, the amount of smoke can be a function of the type of oil you're burning. They even make strawberry-scented 2t oil!

http://www.scooterworks.com/ipone--scoo ... s-7552.php
AScootForMe

Post by AScootForMe »

To be honest, it is all good. In the end I got valuable information from all of the members on the board, and am still very excited about getting a Buddy 50. Based on my searching, I haven't found a good used example in my area yet, so I may just get a new one this weekend and get riding :)

Quo Vadimus wrote: Sorry, AScootfor. We really don't have many arguments here, and most of the time I'm pretty sure the great majority of us feel like we're working towards the same goal: fun, function, safety, knowledge, community.

I've heard that, among many other things, the amount of smoke can be a function of the type of oil you're burning. They even make strawberry-scented 2t oil!

http://www.scooterworks.com/ipone--scoo ... s-7552.php
TVB

Post by TVB »

AScootForMe wrote:To be honest, it is all good. In the end I got valuable information from all of the members on the board, and am still very excited about getting a Buddy 50. Based on my searching, I haven't found a good used example in my area yet, so I may just get a new one this weekend and get riding :)
You might not regret it.

;)
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

There's vanilla too, got the semi-synthetic version for my '02 Zuma:

http://www.scooterworks.com/draggons-sc ... 9b4Eot0xdg

New is nice! You have a factory-fresh machine that nobody's run out of oil or put lawnmower oil in, and you get make all the miles on your machine. I was stoked when I got my first new scoot, knowing that I would be responsible for it's health and well-being from mile 0. About 8400 miles later, I still don't regret my decision.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

If it wasn't for the fact that I want to ride a scooter outside of my town and that there is absolutely NO more room in the garage for another vehicle of any kind, then I would be happy with my 50cc Buddy. Having it de-restricted means there is no where in town that the posted speed limit is higher than it's top speed. With the top box, I have plenty of storage and go shopping with it all the time. BUT, there is only 1 road that I can ride it on that is outside of town, and it dead ends, so there isn't even a loop I can do. :( And I've decided that WHEN I get another scooter to replace the Buddy, it's going to be a Vespa ( I want a Vespa ). That may change, but the fact that I can only have 1 scooter makes it more practical for me to get something that can go up a hill since I live on the central CA coast, which is mostly all hills. Luckily, I live in a valley and it's mostly flat, so the fiddy is fine.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

I have both a Buddy 50 and a Vespa 250ie. Love them BOTH.
The Buddy was my first, I loved riding a lot more than I thought I would, so I got the Vespa to extend my range. The plus side of the 250 is obvious... I can take it on ANY road or hi way/interstate, speed wise.

BUT, I live in the city. Part of the reason for getting a scooter in the first place. We have a lot of metered parking and it's very easy to get a parking ticket. I had quit going to dome favorite areas because the parking offices were so punitive. (They will stand over your vehicle a couple of minutes before the meter hoes and the second it spires, voilá you have a ticket. I was ON my Vespa, starting it up when the meter expired and I still got a ticket. so for city riding, the Buddy is great... Plus it us VERY maneuverable (and fun) to ride.

Hills can be an is due though. And a lot of drivers don't like scooters period, and are not too nice when the get behind one going up hill. Also, the price of bus range really depends where you live. The insurance on my Vespa is cheaper than my Buddy. Why? Sigh ... Because where I live, for every Buddy, Metropolitan, Vino etc., being ridden by someone responsible, there are at least ten crap Vhinese 50s sold in the worst areas of town! to people who should not be riding??? OR driving. Around here, lots of people who lost their driving privileges believe that they don't need a license for a 50cc scooter, (wrong, but the slimy sellers encourage that belief). Therefore, in the city, you get complete idiots going around on 50cc scooters wearing bicycle helmets... If that. Luckily I live close to two universities and I see lots of students on Buddies, Metropolitans, Vinos... Nice little scooters. We have 70 units in our building, and two motorcycles, and five scooters in our lot/garage. I see three more parked at the building next door everyday. So more people are riding.

Anyway, the Buddy 50 is a great little scooter and it may be the perfect choice for you. I wasn't being negative, just sharing my own experience since I have both. And love them both.
96 Decibel Freaks
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

I have both a Buddy 50 and a Vespa 250ie. Love them BOTH.
The Buddy was my first, I loved riding a lot more than I thought I would, so I got the Vespa to extend my range. The plus side of the 250 is obvious... I can take it on ANY road or hi way/interstate, speed wise.

BUT, I live in the city. Part of the reason for getting a scooter in the first place. We have a lot of metered parking and it's very easy to get a parking ticket. I had quit going to dome favorite areas because the parking offices were so punitive. (They will stand over your vehicle a couple of minutes before the meter hoes and the second it spires, voilá you have a ticket. I was ON my Vespa, starting it up when the meter expired and I still got a ticket. so for city riding, the Buddy is great... Plus it us VERY maneuverable (and fun) to ride.

Hills can be an is due though. And a lot of drivers don't like scooters period, and are not too nice when the get behind one going up hill. Also, the price of bus range really depends where you live. The insurance on my Vespa is cheaper than my Buddy. Why? Sigh ... Because where I live, for every Buddy, Metropolitan, Vino etc., being ridden by someone responsible, there are at least ten crap Vhinese 50s sold in the worst areas of town! to people who should not be riding??? OR driving. Around here, lots of people who lost their driving privileges believe that they don't need a license for a 50cc scooter, (wrong, but the slimy sellers encourage that belief). Therefore, in the city, you get complete idiots going around on 50cc scooters wearing bicycle helmets... If that. Luckily I live close to two universities and I see lots of students on Buddies, Metropolitans, Vinos... Nice little scooters. We have 70 units in our building, and two motorcycles, and five scooters in our lot/garage. I see three more parked at the building next door everyday. So more people are riding.

Anyway, the Buddy 50 is a great little scooter and it may be the perfect choice for you. I wasn't being negative, just sharing my own experience since I have both. And love them both.
96 Decibel Freaks
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

AScootForMe wrote:...so I may just get a new one this weekend and get riding :)
Well now THERE is the important part! Let us know what you decide, remember no photos...it didn't happen! Don't forget to give us that first ride report on what ever you pick up!
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

az_slynch wrote:There's vanilla too, got the semi-synthetic version for my '02 Zuma:

I urge everyone to write their congressional representatives advocating a Constitutional Amendment banning the production, distribution, possession, and use of scented 2T oil!:mrgreen:

Seriously, a Buddy 50 isn't going to smoke much if a good synthetic 2T oil is used. Yeah there may be a little at start up but nothing that is a big deal. It's not like riding a GS 160 or SS 180 with a 5% mix. Those can form a blue mushroom cloud on start up...a beautiful thing!
www.teamscootertrash.com

TVB

Post by TVB »

I never really noticed if my 2T was producing a lot of smoke, because it was always behind me. :)
AScootForMe

My new Buddy 50

Post by AScootForMe »

Hi All,

Today was the day. I got a great deal from Sportique Scooters in Denver on a used 2012 White Buddy 50. It has 2500 miles on it, and had all of it's services performed by the same dealer. They even gave my wife her new helmet for free.

The drive home (about 8 miles total) was very enjoyable, and I was easily able to stay in the 30 - 40 bmph range.

Looking forward to many more miles and years.
Attachments
P8020020.jpg
P8020020.jpg (119.38 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
P8020018.jpg
P8020018.jpg (153.5 KiB) Viewed 1831 times
Stinkdyr

Post by Stinkdyr »

Looks great! Rock on!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Used? Looks new to me! Congrats on the new scoot and enjoy!
www.teamscootertrash.com

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

TVB wrote:The defensiveness comes when people talk as if satisfied 50 owners don't exist, that their experiences and the benefits they see in that choice are imaginary. It isn't "you bought the wrong bike" it's "you don't count"... which is worse.
Anyone who owns a scooter - any scooter - should be prepared for some of this. We all get some of it, and we mostly let it roll off. Ride what you like, enjoy what you ride.

Advising a new or potential rider is somewhat different, however. Your advice and my advice will likely not be the same. In each case, it is based on our own riding experiences - which are surely different.