Paradise, CA move, a Great Buddy Riding experience!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Tenchi

Paradise, CA move, a Great Buddy Riding experience!

Post by Tenchi »

Left San Jose and moved to Paradise, CA, in the Sierra foothills. Town speed limit is 40 or less, 26K residents spread out through winding roads and beautiful hills of pines and redwoods. Been riding the town for the last week, very scooter friendly. I don't miss the 1 million residents of San Jose one bit, seems like this town is pretty much laid back. Haven't honked the horn yet, get waves from the older crowd on their Harley's. Retirement on a Buddy, what more can you ask. Even have a cycle shop in town that can do standard maintenance, like tires and the like. Have 1200 on the odo, guess it will take me a few more miles.
The worst day of retirement beats the best day working....
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

My brother used to live in Paradise. He described it about the same as you just did. :)
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Congrats! Sounds idyllic!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Absolutely! Enjoy riding in your retirement!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

What, no pictures?
Tenchi

Being a total luddite...pictures are "difficult"

Post by Tenchi »

Please give me an "Idiot's Guide to Downloading Pictures on Modern Buddy" and I will try to supply some. This town is great for scooting. A lot of retirees from all over the country, met a neighbor today that came from San Jose (and is glad to have gotten out) who is related to someone I knew in junior college. Small world indeed!
The worst day of retirement beats the best day working....
SF Pamplona

Post by SF Pamplona »

I do what's known as Paradise Loop from City on a weekly basis since 2001 on my bicycle. It's about 44 miles round trip from my apartment in the Haight. Love this look, and although I haven't done it on my Buddy yet, I plan to soon. Great city, great scootering roads!