Just got scooter back from being stolen.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

fenixember

Just got scooter back from being stolen.

Post by fenixember »

And they brutalized it. I brought it home, chained it to the porch, and came inside to cry.

Here's a before:

And the after:

They seem to have gone for maximum damage. They broke everything. so much is broken, damaged, or missing, that I don't know where to even start. They wrote all over it in sharpie >.<

It's not starting but may just be low gas. The kick starter turns but it was obviously spewing oil at some point.

/cowers in the corner and points out on the buddy plushie where they touched it
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

One can understand and forgive thievery caused by dire need. This kind of wanton destruction only reinforces my opinion that the cutting off of hands is not such a bad idea after all. So many subhumans out there.
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

I am nauseated. So sorry this happened to you. There are a lot of pieces of shit out there. What's the insurance deal? :(
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Yeah, those jerks really messed up your scooter. Sorry. I hope you have insurance that covers your loss. I also hope the folks who did that will have occasion somewhere down the road to experience a change of heart that will cause them to reflect on their actions with regret, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen...

I see that this is your first post on Modern Buddy. You'll find many sympathetic folks here who love their Buddys, too. We all look forward to reading about and seeing pictures of happier times for you. Soon.
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

Oh god, seeing that makes me want to cry! ;_; I hope you can get your Buddy back in working order and looking shiny soon...
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

That thing is toast! Sorry for your loss. At least did the scum that did this get caught?
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

So how DID you get it back?

Do they know who stole it and will charges be filed?

I would think your insurance would be supplying you with a new scoot!

What is the low down on all of this?

SO sad and so damn horrible! So sorry for your baby's loss and abuse!

:x :cry:
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

looks like a Toyota had violent sex with it
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

Some people are just scum! My sympathies.
misterbrackets

Post by misterbrackets »

Sorry your first post had to be this.

Looks like one of those cases where you'd almost prefer NOT to have gotten the scoot back.

It's just one of those things, I suppose. It happens to everyone (not always with scoots). And it never feels good when it does.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I'm sorry they ruined your scooter. I'd be sick if I saw one of mine thrashed like that.

If you're mechanically-minded or have a friend who is, it may be reparable. I have a little Honda that was pretty thrashed when I "loaned" it out after making a poor character judgment. I was livid and the damage far exceeded the value of the scooter. I'm rebuilding it anyway; I like that little scoot too much to let it die from the wounds inflicted on it. If you have the space/time/talent, I'd suggest considering this approach, as I found it very cathartic to set things right with my scoot.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

Grab baseball bat, find Shay?. Break stuff, important stuff. I would start looking in Wood Hood, where ever the hell that is.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
Tenchi

My Kymco was messed up, too...when I got it back...

Post by Tenchi »

It was toast as well. I rode it to Amerivespa in 2009 in Los Gatos, CA. Was stolen shortly after that, police found it and it had been totalled. It was not a joyride, it was vandalism, pure and simple. Even stole my 1/2 helmet from the pet carrier. That's why my tagline is Scooter thieves are lower than whalepoop.
The worst day of retirement beats the best day working....