Buddy 170I intermitten no crank

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

motomechanic115

Buddy 170I intermitten no crank

Post by motomechanic115 »

working on a buddy 170i, when you turn the key on, the dash isnt getting power to anything except the blinker indicator. I noticed the brake lights dont come on when pulling either lever in. The fuel gauge dosent come on, or the fuel injection light, or any backlights. I check the main fuse box and the main fuse at the battery. The fuel pump primes when you turn on the key. You can jump the started relay and the bike starts right up but still no power to brake lights or dash. Ive checked all the connecters under the top cover and front cover, everything looked good with no corrosion. I dont fully understand what the "anti-theft" think does, Its a black and grey wire located in the front bumper of the frame. Any help is much appreciated. When the bike was first braught in it wouldnt do anything then after i looked under the top cover is worked i must of touch a certain wire or something. Put all the plastic and covers back on. Checked again and it worked. Pushed it out for the customer 2 min later and it didnt work and havent had any progress since.