Has anyone used a tunnel bag as a dog carrier?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ptitsa2005

Has anyone used a tunnel bag as a dog carrier?

Post by ptitsa2005 »

If so, what's your recommendation?

I'm looking for a safe dog carrier for my 17lbs chiweenie. So far, it looks like I might have to go with backpack style but I prefer not to carry this one (while width & depth are great, height is too much for my dog)
http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Gear-Traveler ... 5334011_26

So I'm looking into tunnel bags or some kind of bags for passenger seat. But I haven't found the one I want. Help!
jijifer

Post by jijifer »

Check the weight limits on the backrack: 11lbs. Now we load them more BUT it's a risk. So your Chiweenie isn't small enough for that and too precious to risk overloading the rack. Your best best strapped to your floor board but then that's awkward for riding.

there's no "safe" way to transport a pet on a scooter. If you go down, Fido will not fare well from any spot.

If you really feel the need to ride your dog on your scooter, then it seems like that case would work on the floorboard so it's a matter of figuring out how to secure it and how to ride comfortable with space filled. Without seeing it is hard to say how that would be done. I've ridden with camping gear there but I put my feet up on it.

Good luck but really think about if you'd be ok if crashed with your dog on your scooter. It's a personal preference for sure but I never took my dog on my scooter.
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Do not put your dog in there.

Edit-Unless you accept the fact that in an accident the pooch may die.