New traffic light trigger?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ender07

New traffic light trigger?

Post by ender07 »

You think this might work? If so would it have a practical application on scooters?
Roughhouse 50 - custom green paint job, Prima exhaust pipe, 5G rollers, 1000 RPM contra spring, 2000 RPM clutch pillow springs, 95 carb jet, UNI pod air filter, debadged, delobstered, PIAA Super Plasma performance headlight
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

All I know is it sucks when I get off work late and am riding through the bad part of town and my scooter never triggers the light. I know the lights I have to run and the ones that my scooter will actually trigger green.
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

All I know is it sucks when I get off work late and am riding through the bad part of town and my scooter never triggers the light. I know the lights I have to run and the ones that my scooter will actually trigger green.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

I just had a weird deja vu experience.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

rsrider wrote:I just had a weird deja vu experience.
I am one step behind you. I have not figured out what "this" is.
TVB

Re: New traffic light trigger?

Post by TVB »

ender07 wrote:You think this might work? If so would it have a practical application on scooters?
If you're talking about using some kind of magnet to trigger the under-pavement sensors at certain intersections ... the physics on those don't really add up. IF they work, they work because they contain enough metal hanging close enough to the underground sensors for them to detect. The fact that they're magnets doesn't seem to make any difference, so positioning your engine on top of grooves in the pavement will probably get you equally good results. I think I've had some luck putting my kickstand down right on top of them, but this hasn't been confirmed with controlled scientific experiments.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

I just had a weird deja vu experience.
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
srbbnd

Post by srbbnd »

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

srbbnd wrote:Irl r etdg lu io eccss gfte r deb tok iotg tyte ahi am fhlooo thnwwna tgo Ign hast ol nona sni mv hrlttnw kacre ermdinto ope lngua. N hirw tne Iirhsi A hins Ir gta tte tae ucgr shuv ol wefteks rtlh akghdrly eworyet gadee.
Oh $#%&! They musta changed something in the matrix. Again.