[nsr] Durn You, Yamaha. How Could You?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

[nsr] Durn You, Yamaha. How Could You?

Post by JHScoot »

Meet the "FJ-09," a gorgeous, comfy, fast bike you can afford. Durn you, Yamaha....

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BjVc8q7P0is" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Last edited by JHScoot on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riding is riding
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Actually, both Yamaha and Honda have been hard at work introducing quite an array of mid-range bikes for those who are more impressed by handling than horsepower.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

And now to add to my frustration.....2015 SR400 :cry:

Last edited by charlie55 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Dooglas wrote:Actually, both Yamaha and Honda have been hard at work introducing quite an array of mid-range bikes for those who are more impressed by handling than horsepower.
yeah their line-up's really come on in the last couple years. new bike designs, new engines and all that. its made me wonder where Kawasaki and Suzuki went missing until i saw that new Kawi in another thread. and i guess they have a new Versys coming, too. could a new Ninja 650 be far behind?

thing is i think they are soldiering on with the same 'ol powertrains. which i guess is the 650 engine found in current bikes. and being they are motorcycles i would guess that is alright for a lot of buyers. but it does seem a bit lacking for "new" bikes

Suzuki? it seems like crickets over there. at least in the U.S. i guess they have a couple new offerings but they're fairly typical offerings and really nothing new. redo on the VStrom, that little somewhat dismal 250, and a "new" naked based on an old bike

i like what Yamaha has been up to, though. and Honda, but to lesser degree. and Yamaha also announced a small Ninja 300 killer, the R3. it would make a great "step up" bike for scooterists!

pretty sporty
:nerd:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yjX5E7vfo2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

charlie55 wrote:And now to add to my frustration..... :cry:
double your frustration, but double the bike. seen the Bolt C Spec, yet? $8700 and most likely worth every penny. looks sweet imo

Riding is riding
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

JHScoot wrote:
charlie55 wrote:And now to add to my frustration..... :cry:
double your frustration, but double the bike. seen the Bolt C Spec, yet? $8700 and most likely worth every penny. looks sweet imo

No problem - all I need is the $8700, or the $5990, or the $????. Oh well, you get the idea.
rsrider

Post by rsrider »

JHScoot wrote:
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yjX5E7vfo2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
^^^This bike, the Honduh 300, Kawi 300, the KTM 390 etc. are making it nearly impossible to sell my 2012 Kawi 2fiddy. :cry: I'm seriously glad I didn't wait on buying the Vespa until the Kawi sold, or I would probably be waiting and waiting and waiting......Moral of the post: Getting everything in line the way you want it to line up just isn't going to happen, but it might get close enough, and when it does, jump on it.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

The C spec Bolt appeals to me too, with the tail fairing and clip-on bars. No need to add a Ryca kit. Ton up!
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI