Thanks, Everybody!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Cormac

Thanks, Everybody!

Post by Cormac »

Hey all! I own a Buddy 125 and have been lurking around on this forum for a few years. I've gotten a lot of helpful tips from here, but I wanted to thank you guys for the battery "de-plus" mod especially.

My Buddy sat for too long in another state after I moved, so I've been getting it back in action this year. Last week my old battery gave up the ghost so I modded the battery cover & replaced it with the larger EverStart. Holy cow thanks for the tip, this thing starts up better than ever! I can't wait to make some more mods this winter (and paint it :twisted: )!

But really, thanks. You guys are the best.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

Would love the details on how you did the Mod! I didn't know one could fit a larger battery in that little hole.
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
skully93

Post by skully93 »

pugbuddy wrote:Would love the details on how you did the Mod! I didn't know one could fit a larger battery in that little hole.
its in the tech library. you can fit a 9ah battery in there! I haven't done it. My battery has been faithful for nearly 3 years, though I replaced it before winter tries to kill it. I figured a spare never hurt since we have 2.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

skully93 wrote: You can fit a 9ah battery in there! I haven't done it. My battery has been faithful for nearly 3 years, though I replaced it before winter tries to kill it. I figured a spare never hurt since we have 2.
The 10ah YTZ10 battery also fits fine. One of those has been in our 125 for 3 years now.