starting issues with my 50cc Roughhouse

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

boyjeenyus

starting issues with my 50cc Roughhouse

Post by boyjeenyus »

Hey there! I posted this in the Roughhouse forum awhile back, but I figured that I'd get more responses here. I have a '13 roughhouse 50cc--should be the same engine as the Buddy, I think? Anyway, after it's been sitting around for 4 or 5 days, or if it's been rattling around on a trailer, I struggle to start it. It's like the fuel bowl empties and it takes TONS of kicking, cranking, or sometimes my only option is to squirt some fuel into the carb to make it go. Is this normal? Anything I can do to make it easier? Doesn't seem to be related to cold/humidity. I recently replaced the spark plug, fuel filter, and cleaned the carb.
THANKS!!!

Stephen
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

Have you checked the fuel valve?
SuperCyclone.81

Post by SuperCyclone.81 »

^that plus check your vacuum lines and make sure theres no cracks
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

Since this is a hard starting issue check your spark
plug, make sure it's not fouled.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
boyjeenyus

Post by boyjeenyus »

Thanks for the replies. Spark plug seems to be good. Vacuum lines are still pretty new and look good to me. Where is the fuel valve? What would I check for? I assume that most folks don't have this issue?
Thanks again! I LOVE MY SCOOTER--I'd just like to make it easier to start after sitting for a few days or after bouncing around on a trailer.
Stephen