Where can I find the chrome piece around the headlamp?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Nick

Where can I find the chrome piece around the headlamp?

Post by Nick »

After 5 years of accident-free riding, I finally had my first accident. Damage fortunately is pretty light, but I would like to replace the chrome piece that goes around the headlamp.

Any idea where I could find this piece off of a parted out Buddy somewhere around Los Angeles, California?

(I tried to upload a picture of my headlamp with the cracked chrome piece a couple of times, but I am getting an error "tried to upload empty file".)

Thank you!
Nick
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where can I find the chrome piece around the headlamp?

Post by jrsjr »

Nick wrote:After 5 years of accident-free riding, I finally had my first accident. Damage fortunately is pretty light, but I would like to replace the chrome piece that goes around the headlamp.

Any idea where I could find this piece off of a parted out Buddy somewhere around Los Angeles, California?

(I tried to upload a picture of my headlamp with the cracked chrome piece a couple of times, but I am getting an error "tried to upload empty file".)
There are quite a few folks on here from the area, so I'm hoping somebody will be along shortly to fill you in. In the meantime, would you do us the favor of reporting your accident in our "Who's Crashed?" thread. Most particularly, lots of folks would love to be able to claim that they rode for five years without an accident. We'd love to hear the secret to your safe riding. And don't be ashamed to report what happened. Most of us have an entry in that (epic) thread. It's one of the best things (IMHO) about this board.

From the tone of your post, I gather that you were not injured, so that's something to be heartily thankful for. I'm betting you were wearing gear, amiright? I look forward to reading your post. Thanks!

EDITed because I fluffed the URL thing the first time. :roll:
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

If you don't find one locally, Scooter Lounge Online has it but it's $30

Part 11 on this page:

http://www.scooterloungeonline.com/genu ... y170iparts
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

You can also obtain the new part from Motorsport (ScooterWest) or AF1, as well as your local Genuine dealer. As this part is often damaged in accidents, it may not be an easy one to find used or savage.
JOHNHOF

Post by JOHNHOF »

I bought one from a dealer local to where I live. It was cheap. You should be able to call a dealer near you.