2007 Buddy 50

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Kyrastar

2007 Buddy 50

Post by Kyrastar »

After wanting to pull my hair out at the DMV. I have cleaned the carburetor. Got all the lights to work. New headlight which I figured out only comes on if Buddy is started or trying to start. And is pure hell getting the screws out under each side of the top crowl. New spark plug. Checked the throttle cable. (That was fun as walking thru fire, spring tried to kill me. ) It seems to me throttle feels loose. I have as far as it will go on handle. Still can not get the Buddy to run. It did when I put a new battery on. It drain that battery over night. Cause the next day i try to start it trys but seems just needs a push or something. Or it will do a horrible clink sound. Next try it's back to wanting to start. The hoses all seem fine I see gas in the line. Shop here wants 80.00 just to come get it then 88.00 hour +parts. I wanted to sell it for Christmas money. I've put to much in it now. Any suggestions? I can do the little stuff but don't dare go any further. HELP!
TVB

Post by TVB »

If the battery drained overnight, that would suggest that something's shorted out somewhere.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

First thing I would do is check the stator with a VOM. Then you will be able to begin checking the charging system from the source. There are lots of posts on how to do this.

Other than that; well you pretty much have 3 choices.

1. From some of your previous posts it looks like you may be lacking on some knowledge of how your scooter works. Please don't take this the wrong way. Lots of people don't read instructions! :mrgreen: Read read read...The owners manual, the service manual are available on MB. All your issues have been covered and discussed in detail on this forum, Search search search. You might not only find the answer to your problem but also learn a lot of other things reading the posts.

Use the tech library, lots of great information there.

Somethings are pretty easy to "fix over the internet" but it is important to give good accurate information and answer questions. This also depends on your mechanical ability. If you're not mechanically inclined that's OK. We all started with little knowledge

2. Pay the shop to fix it. Yeah they're going to charge you, this is how they make a living.

3. Sell it and take the hit. I know this sucks but sometimes it is the best, and possibly the cheapest solution.

Good luck and keep us updated!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL