[Small Motorbike Related] Hero Coming to USA in 2016

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

[Small Motorbike Related] Hero Coming to USA in 2016

Post by jrsjr »

I just saw a really nice ad for Hero motorcycles on NBC. It turns out they are sponsoring an off-season golf event in Orlando, Florida this weekend. At the end of the colorful ad that emphasized the global nature of their operations, they ran a large banner that announced that Hero is coming to the USA in 2016. 2016? I couldn't believe my eyes!

So, I think this is good news for USA fans of scooters and small motorcycles, right? Am I wrong (again)? What do you all say?
Syd

Post by Syd »

Interesting. Did the ad say which one?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:Interesting. Did the ad say which one?
Not at all. This ad was all about global corporate branding. If I find a copy, I'll post it.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I think it's this one. It's a joint venture with Eric Buell Racing:

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ ... eview.html
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
Syd

Post by Syd »

Is that the Hero 6? :)
The majority is always sane - Nessus
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Syd wrote:Is that the Hero 6? :)
It's a 250. Not sure that it's big enough. Maybe the 1190X? :wink:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I think the big 4 Japanese bike makers will have to game-plan accordingly to maintain small bore market share when the Hero's hit our shores.
The EBR-Hero partnership excites me. We may see some smaller, more affordable Buell sport bikes that can compete with the Nipponese bikes.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

this is like my aversion to big scooters, but in reverse. i do not want a sub 250cc motorcycle! most of the Hero bikes are 125cc things. some, 100cc. so, why not just get a scooter! scooters are small things with small engines. don't want a big bike with a small, scooter engine. obviously built for emerging markets like india where fuel sipping bikes are a priority. i live in the USA where that does not matter as much

only 150cc bike we need and i'd consider is the SYM Wolf Classic because its so damn cool, and top notch quality. these Hero's, not so much

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-TWgCM12-CI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

"revolutionary" 100cc bikes. pretty sure in India and other markets a 250cc is considered big and even upmarket, so maybe they are over there. other places....idk?

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NQVYfztwaNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and their little Splendor Classic Pro

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HZcx-agfvNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Riding is riding
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

JHScoot wrote:this is like my aversion to big scooters, but in reverse. i do not want a sub 250cc motorcycle!
That's fine. Don't buy one. Problem solved. You are welcome! :wink:
hewl35

Re: [Small Motorbike Related] Hero Coming to USA in 2016

Post by hewl35 »

jrsjr wrote:I just saw a really nice ad for Hero motorcycles on NBC. It turns out they are sponsoring an off-season golf event in Orlando, Florida this weekend. At the end of the colorful ad that emphasized the global nature of their operations, they ran a large banner that announced that Hero is coming to the USA in 2016. 2016? I couldn't believe my eyes!

So, I think this is good news for USA fans of scooters and small motorcycles, right? Am I wrong (again)? What do you all say?
Don't they have the diesel scooters?
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

jrsjr wrote:
JHScoot wrote:this is like my aversion to big scooters, but in reverse. i do not want a sub 250cc motorcycle!
That's fine. Don't buy one. Problem solved. You are welcome! :wink:
that is not a problem, its a sentiment. me not buying one solves nothing. and you asked this:
jrsjr wrote: So, I think this is good news for USA fans of scooters and small motorcycles, right? Am I wrong (again)? What do you all say?
i say you are wrong, and quite possibly "again" depending on what you were wrong about the first time.

what is good about a BUNCH of small, underpowered, somewhat poorly made motorcycles coming to our shores? we have plenty of good small motorcycles already here, such as the Wolf Classic, GROM, and TU250. who gets "passionate" about low spec, cheaply made motorcycles that at least appear similar to what is bought and sold from china on crappy drop ship websites?

if i can buy a brand new Honda 300cc motorcycle for $4,000, a new SYM 150 Wolf Classic for $3,000, and new Hyosung KTM knockoff for similar, much less all the good scooters out there, what the hell does any rider want with this....and yes i will go there....junk!

as motorcycles go, yes, you are wrong about it being "good news." the good news is already here, and has been for awhile.

of course as with most junk, however, their will be cheap minded buyers. let's call 'em frugal. so price is of the essence. brand new, if i were a sucker, i'd pay $2,000 for one of these rickety road roaches. but hopefully not many are suckers and will just opt for a used Ninja 250, or something? i mean, seriously, now

Hero's big, American endorsement deal went to this guy. i gotta question the wisdom of any motorcycle company that thinks this will sell motorcycles

yes, nothing screams motorcycle excitement like golf. they go hand in hand!

Hero Motorcycles, more lipstick on a pig

and you asked! :P
Riding is riding
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

JHScoot, you win a week's vacation from the board! Merry Christmas!!! Well done. Enjoy your time off!